Need help with R. F. Kinsell bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

blobtop64

Reaction score
Need help identifying this bottle. Is it a Blacking? Ink? Med? Or Other It's pontiled with allot of wear.
Any help would be appreciated.

RfKinsell.jpg

RfKinsellBottom.jpg

Links to larger Pics
http://webpages.charter.net/blobtop/Bottle_net_pic/RfKinsell1.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/blobtop/Bottle_net_pic/RfKinsellBottom1.jpg

epackage

Reaction score
Kovels list's it as a medicine so bitters is possible and valued it at $633 in 1996, nice bottle...
Jim

blobtop64

Reaction score
Thanks Jim, thats the only reference I found, kovels lists one but with a ringed lip and 9 1/2 " tall. This ones 6 1/2" tall.

Don't know where they got there info. But I tend to take kovels listings with very little faith. Don't know about anyone else but I had personal experience that open my eyes. Back in the early 90's I received a mail listing (an actual mail listing, ancient history) of blob beers for sale. One of the listing was a Milwaukee Lager Beer J Gahm & Son, Boston, yellow blobtop pontil. & another P Harrington Milwaukee Lager Manchester Nh in Yellow olive $12.00 First one I knew it had to be a mistake Gahm & Son embossing started around 1900, it couldn't be pontiled and a yellow olive New Hampshire beer for only $12.00. Somethings wrong. This was from a man who knew beers. So I called him about those and a couple others. He explained that he had hand written the list and his girlfriend had typed it out and made some mistakes, he didn't proof read and the forsale list it went out to a couple of us as well as the Bottle and glass collector magazine. The Gahm wasn't yellow and not pontiled. The P Harrington was discribed right but the listed price was off by one decimal. 120 instead of 12. Said mystery solved The End. Well some time after a new Kovels book came out, purchased it, looked under beers and low & behold. The same mistakes are listed in their book. They are by no means experts, woldn't even put them in the novice category. Garbage in Garbage Out. Thats my vent.

Scot

epackage

Reaction score
I here ya Scot, I only posted that because it was the only reference I could find to that name, Kovel's drives me nuts....

blobtop64

Reaction score
Thanks again Jim. I beleive the best reference is the people on this site.

Scot

saratogadriver

Reaction score
That's a beauty. Not in Covill. I doubt it's an ink, it just doesn't smell like an ink. I'm guessing medicine. Gotta be an early piece with that embossing.

Jim G

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers