Need only 4 more dose glasses...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
My favorite dose glasses are the Victor Syrup / German Baptist Conference glasses made by the famous glass artist George Truog in Cumberland MD.
There are a few shown on my web site.
http://www.antiquemedicines.com/Frederick/victor.htm

DoseGlassCollector

Reaction score
GuntherHess,

I've seen that etched Victor Syrup dose glass several times on eBay, but only recently noticed that there were different cities etched on the glass (so much for being observant). Wonder how many different cities could be found?

TG

GuntherHess

Reaction score
They were labeled for the city the conference was held in each year. I know of Frederick MD, Waynesboro PA, Bristol TN, and Roanoke VA.
The glass is very thin on these glasses so may probably broke.
Seems like there should be a WV one out there too[;)]

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Nice collection. My wife would probably love the Savannah one as she loves all things about the history of this city. A local collector here has a Savannah druggist bottle, but it looks like it was in a fire, a bit warped. But it is in a pretty green.

Indianabottledigger

Reaction score
Hello Ronald
Would you by chance have an extra one of either or both of these dose glasses they are from my home town and I would love to have one.

Also I picked this up last week for a couple bucks at a flea market would you happen to know anything about it?

8F3EE454C4C94E3FA7E6F6FA9A782DA2.jpg

Attachments

• 8F3EE454C4C94E3FA7E6F6FA9A782DA2.jpg
    8F3EE454C4C94E3FA7E6F6FA9A782DA2.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 77

DoseGlassCollector

Reaction score
IBD,

I have seen both of the Columbus, IN dose glasses come up for sale on ebay in the past few years, but don't own one myself. Those are the only Columbus, IN glasses that I know of. The only extra IN glass that I have are a couple from Indianapolis and one from Warsaw.

The L.H. Mueller glass is from Indianapolis. I found this info in a 1919 book entitled INDIANA AND INDIANANS:

"From the common schools J. George Mueller at the age of thirteen went to work in the drug store of L. H. Mueller as an errand boy and helper. Thus as a boy he gained the experience and laid the foundation of the business which has brought him so much success. In 1881 he entered the Cincinnati College of Pharmacy, graduating with honors in 1883 and with the degree Ph. G. He received the gold medal for highest efficiency in his work, and also had honors for his work in materia medica and in botany. During his senior year he was given the responsibilities of quiz master.
From college he went back to the Mueller drug store, and in 1887 bought out the business, located at Washington and East Street. He continued there as a retail druggist until January 1, 1891.
At that date Mr. Mueller assisted in organizing the Indianapolis Drug Company, and thus laid the foundation for the wholesale business. His associates in that enterprise were John R. Miller, deceased, and Dr. Herman Pink..."

Here is the link (if it works)...

http://books.google.com/books?pg=PA1992&lpg=PA1992&dq=%22L.h.%20mueller%22%20druggist&sig=sJnekAeNhFjCO2E27VwUJBq41Fs&ei=LpsFS7XAI5SpnQfE0MTDCw&ct=result&id=PDEUAAAAYAAJ&ots=8x1YHW4Q71&output=text

DoseGlassCollector

Reaction score
Poison_US,

I was born and raised in Sav'h myself (BC class of 1981), but moved to Brunswick in 1988. My parents are still in Sav'h. The city does have a rich history. The only three dose glasses that I know from there are from Solomons, Dr. Ulmer and W.L. Richardson (glass dose spoon). All are very difficult to find. I could really get into collecting Savannah bottles, but have limited myself to dose glasses for now.

Indianabottledigger

Reaction score
Thanks alot for the info I appreciate it! I really enjoy learning the history of any item I own. Let me know if you ever come across an extra one of those dose glasses. I will keep my eyes open for the others from Indiana you need. Thanks

Lordbud

Reaction score
Hey Tracy!

Any updates on your 50-state collection? I've been looking out for dose glasses but they are so few and far between these days. Very few real antique stores around my area to search anymore. Everything's on ebay apparently! [:-]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26