Need tips for a beginner in Oklahoma

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jays emporium

Reaction score
That is a nice looking queen. I dream of finding something like that at an estate sale. I go to estate sales and garage sales every week and I do find bargains on bottles frequently but nothing like that. That is what keeps me going though. I keep thinking someone is going to find the old man's bitters bottles and thing they are Wheatons and price them as such. Most of the antique dealers here don't even know the difference.

rockbot

Reaction score
Skampler, If you got old roads, country or not is a good place to start. After 15 years of digging I still "walk the blocks" we call it. I find lots of ABM sodas, some milks and stuff that got thrown from horse back, train and cars. I walk the sides up to 20 yards or so from the road. The gulches and rivers are the best here in Hawaii since most people dumped there trash down them.Up until the 1950's this was common practice, then things got modernized. I love to walk the rivers after heavy rains as things get revealed.

Aloha, Rocky

capsoda

Reaction score
Anywhere near Tahlequah, Oklahoma???? There was a famous gun fight there in 1872. It was a town during the Civil War so that is pretty old. Might just be some good digging around there.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers