New Auction Company

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
I agree with you and Mike, that is a fair system....

bottle4me

Reaction score
That's the beauty of having a live auction on the final day. Online bidders will need to bid or lose. It's just that simple. No fence sitters here! Once its knocked down, its sold, period! The UCC says that once an auctioneer says the word "SOLD" or a reasonable facsimile thereof, a binding contract is made. You own it unless of course it is not as described.

bottle4me

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: diggerdirect

They say negative ads are effective in all the polls, but seems everyone ya talk to one on one don't like 'em. I dont know you from adam and do not attempt to judge your honesty, integrity or passion for auctioneering because of that fact, but it seems to me your posts here have cast a cloud over all auctioneers.

If you have evidence of fraud or other illegal doings that will end careers or blow said individuals out of the water, or sunami's throughout the hobby are not you perpetuating these crimes & doing the hobby as a whole an injustice by NOT doing so? I assume your allegations are based on provable facts not here say so I say step up to the plate.

JMHO

Al

The person in question is on the radar of the PAA. Justice doesn't always happen as fast as one might like it to. The situation is ongoing.

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bottle4me

That's the beauty of having a live auction on the final day. Online bidders will need to bid or lose. It's just that simple. No fence sitters here! Once its knocked down, its sold, period! The UCC says that once an auctioneer says the word "SOLD" or a reasonable facsimile thereof, a binding contract is made. You own it unless of course it is not as described.
Then you will be someone I look to when it comes to buying and selling, feel free to PM or email when you have something coming up...

bottlekid76

Reaction score
I like your approach, i'm also interested in seeing what all you have available when you get going. Keep us posted.

~Tim

Well put. Allow me to say, "I am steeped in customer service." It is a dying art in this fast paced world but one detail that I refuse to lose focus on. Spending the extra 5 minutes, speaking to one of my clients, forges business relationships that are crucial to ones success. I spent most of my working life climbing the ladder of manufacturing. I spent my last years in said industry wallowing in middle management. All while watching how people ran their businesses and taking mental notes on how not to treat your clients. I also spent the last 10 plus years as a buyer and dealer who spent 100s of hours per year at live auctions. Watching, as well, auctioneers and how NOT to run an auction company. The poorly hidden "tells" when one would "bounce" a bid off the wall, just to run a bidder up a few dollars more. As a side note, did you know that it is your right to ask the auctioneer where the other bidder is? Or my personal favorite, starting an absentee bid at its maximum. Argh!!! It's borderline fraud! I can not be quiet any longer! These are the same buffoons who give the honest guys a bad name. Right out of the gate, with my freshly printed license in my wallet, most people consider me a crook since I'm an auctioneer. Why? Because of the decades of fraudulent practices!

So, as you have noticed, I have some difficulty keeping my opinions to myself. It wouldn't bother me so badly if the nabobs in question hadn't reached said financial status by defrauding the general public over and over again. I have friends who own auction companies and they are quite wealthy. But, they haven't defrauded their clients to reach that financial security. Most people know an auctioneer or auction service who has broken the law on more than one occasion. So why don't we open our collective mouths to put an end to these crooks and foster a fresh outlook on the business? You can go right to the Board of Auctioneers website, here in Pa, and file a complaint anonymously. I'm approached quite often on that note. Usually someone complaining about an auctioneer who did something to them and they felt defrauded. I send them right to the website but most don't ever file a complaint. Why? Have we lost focus or do people just truly not care? Is there a certain amount of thievery that we deem acceptable as a society? I see the temptation, mind you. I conduct auctions of my own and it would be quite easy to run a bid up (referred to as "Puffing") on someone. I could ad 10 or 15% more per month to my gross sales if I did so. But I refuse to do so. It's just plain wrong! These old "fat cats" have been in the business so long, they feel as if they will never get caught or answer for their wrongdoing.

I digress. The business is changing. I am the new face of auctioneers. We embrace the technology of the modern era and use it to our full advantage. It is that aggressive approach coupled with technology that will see my success to fruition. I am eager but open minded. And I am also not ignorant to the concept of more bees with honey. But, every once in a while, you need to jam a broom handle into the bees nest and piss em' off. Tactfully, yes but piss em' off none the less and remind them they aren't God. They can fall.

[/quote]

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Did anyone participate in this auction this past Saturday. http://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/29850_18th-and-19th-century-glass-and-lighting/page1 I did very well at it and picked up 18 items . This is how you run a glass auction Dan, good items, great descriptions all questions spelled out in bold LARGE print with no grey areas. As for this post all the responses were for the most part quite positive. If you can run it like Jeffery Evans I will bid[8D] Please let us know when the first one is on line start small and work your way up.

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Steve/sewell

Did anyone participate in this auction this past Saturday. http://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/29850_18th-and-19th-century-glass-and-lighting/page1 I did very well at it and picked up 18 items .

Watched alot of it, nothing for me in it but I'm happy to hear you did well Steve...

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Thanks Jim, all the lots were Lacy salts, picked up some real nice rare colorful ones.

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Steve/sewell

Thanks Jim, all the lots were Lacy salts, picked up some real nice rare colorful ones.
I saw them and planned on sending you the link, and I plain forgot, glad you saw it...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter