new boonville thanks to tim

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
guntherhess yes it does have a ground opening for the stopper, the first one like it ive seen, care to speculate on the reason behind it?

Slug plate pharmacy bottles are considered to be low cost commodity bottles given out with prescriptions or medicines the pharmacy sold. The higher price of a ground glass stoppered bottle seems counter to this idea. Its possible they ordered some bottes ground/stoppered for in-store reuse. Most druggists just used the standard apothecary type bottles for their in-house reagents, compounds, mixtures, and whatever.

I cant tell from the photo but if its a large size it could have been used for dispensing samples or small orders.

bottlekid76

Reaction score
I'm so glad you could get those Brian, and perfect for your collection! I've always loved that Roeschel, just a super looking bottle. The Hildibridle's are just extremely rare and i'm so glad you could get that for your collection. I'll get you some photos of the Raymond Smith hutch and quart blob when I get up to Arlins house. I know he said he really enjoyed meeting and talking with you. If you get the chance to come down let me know!

All the best,
~Tim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohib