new collector. curious about this jar?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

wac1307

Reaction score
I work in the business of estate sales so we come across hundreds of jars and i have never seen one with an error like this so i bought it to put in my collection since it was an interesting error. wondering what anyone can tell me about this or if it adds any value at all. i tried to get a good photo but it was hard to do to show how sunk in it is but the jar is sunk in quite a bit on one side (left side in photo) very oddly shaped.
0526122011a9501.jpg

wac1307

Reaction score
https://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac100/Wac137/0526122011a9501.jpg
photo didnt work so i will try it this way

creeper71

Reaction score
I can't make out the photo..not sure if it is my monitor or a blurry pic.. but for a wild guess I would say it maybe a BALL OVER ROOT

epackage

Reaction score
Looks like the jar was taken out to early and the tool used to remove it made the "dent"...

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello, Well i6 looks to me like the bottle was picked off the ABM using a pair of large curved end calipers that caved the hot glass in - some. It is not a common practice but the bottle maker could have wanted to light a cigarette by holding the mouth of the jar up to the cigarette to light it. I have seen machine operators do this, and even though it doesn't make sense, it used to happen.
The picture isn't meaningful enough to give me any other recognition. RED Matthews

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter