New Digging Spot to Dig or Not to Dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

barbieheid

Reaction score
I think I'm gonna go back and dig. But don't you think I would look a little odd carrying a shovel, pick-axe, a cardboard box and trash bags? People might think I'm burying dead bodies. [&:]

You say that like it's a bad thing ... [kidding, kidding!] [8D]

tombstone

Reaction score
I carry a pack in the trunk of my car. It's a nylon duffle bag and inside is a small shovel, small rake, a hand rake, trash bags, a pair of leather gloves, knee pads, and another duffle bag, . Whole set up purchased at Lowes and Wal-mart for about thirty bucks. I wouldn't want to dig a twenty foot privy with the set up but it's great for raking around in an open dump. Best of all it's light weight and won't draw near as much attention as a wheel borrow, shovel, rake, etc.

Next time you're in the park mention to a ranger or some such person with authority that you were disgusted with the amount of garbage you saw on your last trip and ask if there is any way you could possibly get into any trouble if you helped clean up the place and carried the trash out.

barbieheid

Reaction score
>Next time you're in the park mention to a ranger or some such person with authority that you were disgusted with the amount of garbage you saw on your last trip and ask if there is any way you could possibly get into any trouble if you helped clean up the place and carried the trash out.

Yeah, but you'll probably just get a "duh ........." look in response. But if he says no trouble, go for it!

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for all the replies. You have some good ideas. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go back and dig, I'm just waiting for the right time. On another note... I was talking to a salesman at work and he has a friend that used to work at an outdoor school and he knows there is a dump back in the woods. He claims it's really old but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. His idea of old and my idea of old could be two different things. We're supposed to get passes to drive back this week so we'll see. I did make it out digging at my usual spot today. I dug for about 3 hours and found a couple goodies. 2 local milk bottles, a funny looking jar with the word "Bunt USA Co." (I think that was it) And some kind of coin. (it's soaking in olive oil now.) Oh and I also found a metal Gulf Oil oil change tag. I thought that was kind of neat. Sorry for the rambling.... [&:]

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator