New Find!!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

phil44

Reaction score
We've found shards in Balt Glassworks colors Puce, Greens like Ry suggested.

Digging in Balt. is for the persistant. Just like digging anywhere I guess. Add the fact that it's been dug for 30 years makes it hard to get in the age you can find this type of bottle, the small privies, etc. there's not much to go around in the picks. Probaly not as hard as digging out west in Calif. Gold Country. It is a good place to dig you just need to know what happened.

Dabeel

Reaction score
Baltimore to Oakland/San Francisco, now San Diego
Hey Phil,

I must have missed this post before.

CONGRATULATIONS! on that great find.

I imagine you were digging with a few guys, so how does one of you keep the bottle?
Do you have to buy the others out? or auction it and split the proceeds.........just curious as to how that goes as I usually dig alone.

Thanks,
Doug

herndonbottles

Reaction score
Phil,
Awesome find for you and Tom! Should win digger of the year by a mile in the Balt. club contest. I'm curious too, how it was decided who got to keep it. I guess that would be a good problem to have. Where was the cannon ball in relation to the Oneill's? Good thing they didn't meet up in the pit. Did the cannon ball have a charge in it?
It shows there's still good stuff to dig in old Balt. Great find.

-Peter

sandchip

Reaction score
I'd still like to see a picture of the bottom of the O'neill's.

appliedlips

Reaction score
The thought of digging something like that is the reason we keep at it every time out. I am sure it will make all of the dipped pits, wet pits, cold digging digs alot more bearable for a while. Congrats, I cannot remember seeing a nicer dug bottle posted on these pages. Thanks for sharing.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers