new finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

arthur

Reaction score
Found these two gems at an underwater dump site didn't spend too muchy time there a very LARGE alligator snapper wouldn't leave me alone I guess I was encroching in his territory. I picked these two up and hastily retreated..

A85C0D8C49BA452AA258565794334312.jpg

Attachments

• A85C0D8C49BA452AA258565794334312.jpg
    A85C0D8C49BA452AA258565794334312.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 73

Dansalata

Reaction score
HEY ARTHUR I THINK ITS COOL HOW YOU DIVE FOR BOTTLES, THE CALIF FIG SYRUP IS PRETTY COMMON OUT HERE ON THE WEST COAST BUT STILL TOTALLY COOL!!!

glass man

Reaction score
DO YOU EVER DIVE AND JUST FEEL AROUND OR DO YOU ONLY DIVE WHERE YOU CAN SEE?

arthur

Reaction score
Hey glassman, The new river is very clear. it runs through the mtns fron NC through VA into WVA. It has a rocky bottom in most places and quite a few small water falls. It ranges from anywhere from 5 feet to 25 feet in depth . The water is about 20 feet deep where all the underwater dumps are and around the RR trestles it is about 25 feet deep The water is clear so visiability is usually good especially on suuny days,. It gets a little murky as you are digging or moving the sand and silt but the current is always moving. When the bottles are lying on the bottom you can see them before you piock them up otherwise I dig and move the silt.

madman

Reaction score
hey art right on! i was on the swim team, love water, but honestly im afraid of snakes and under water serpents that might attack me lol! hey man keep it up! nice finds! mike

bathysiderodrome

Reaction score
Very scary about those damn snappers, and they move quick. The biggest I've seen in the wild was in North Alabama, the size of a footstool, or small clothes basket. I saw one at the Denver zoo transferred from Texas the size of a bathtub.

Stardust

Reaction score
arthur, i'm luvin looking at yur pics they are helping me stay in a better place. i love that laxative one, made me laugh as i need to call me GI Dr. and say send me some as these new meds are killing me. but i can still [:D] at least for a while longer. tomorrow i get some relief, Fridays are a full day in the hospital. I call it getting my oil changed. LOL [;)]

Keep posting, cause yur posts and others give me something to look forward to when I have enough energy to peek in. i hope to be posting bottles and my other stuff soon. a tech is suppose to be coming to teach and train me voice to text and several other things. So i hope to show off my collections soon. It's a little dusty though my collections that is as it's hard to use my rt arm now. just found out yesterday i have more Nero muscular diseases than i knew now i'm just waiting for the whammy of the details of why i'm falling and falling apart so to speak. it really stinks. but i'm focusing on bottles, babies, writing , art, music,friends, and my spirituality. ~star~

glass man

Reaction score
WOW ARTHUR! YOU ARE IN YOUR OWN LITTLE WORLD DOWN THERE FAR AWAY FROM THE CARES OF THE WORLD LOOKING FOR TREASURE! MAN,I LOVE WATER .FIRST MEMORIES IS OF THE PACIFIC OCEAN IN OUR FRONT YARD AT IMPERIAL BEACH CAL. WHERE WE LIVED FROM TIME I WAS 1 MONTH OLD TO 3 YEARS OLD. I REALLY LOVE COLD CREEK WATER! WISH YOU COULD COME TO MY HOUSE AND GO TO THE CREEK NEAR HERE TO FIND BOTTLES.WAY TO GO KEEP ON WITH THE WATER STORIES I LOVE THEM! GOT IN TROUBLE WHEN WE MOVED BACK TO GEORGIA AND I TOLD A ROOM FULL OF KIN FOLKS"I WANT TO GO HOME I HATE OLE GEORGIA"! I LOVE OLE GEORGIA NOW!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday