New from Glassworks

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

kungfufighter

Reaction score
Not quite sure what to say other than to I always like to give folks the benefit of the doubt before heading straight to PO'd. Having learned of Glass Works decision I will say that I am surprised and saddened. Holly and I are full time dealers and quite frankly, Jim, Norm, Jeff, John, Ray and all the other auctioneers are our competitors. With that said, I try to work with these folks rather than against them. However, our business model differs significantly from that of the auction houses - instead of selling consigned items, Holly and I pick out the objects ourselves and pay for them with our own hard earned money. By keeping volume low and quality high we do not have a customer base that competes with that of the auction houses but those customers we do have are awfully loyal. It's a shameless plug but buying directly from dealers (including Mike, Matt, Chris and others on the Forum who I am regrettably forgetting at this relatively early hour) is the best way to insure getting a good bottle at a fair price. It is a simple fact that dealers CANNOT afford to lose any customer and as a result, we will do everything in our power to make a customer happy. Hope that this is not seen as attempt to hijack the thread - I feel badly for you Tom and I simply wanted to point out that there are other avenues for you to successfully and enjoyably buy bottles.

bottle_head9

Reaction score
Thank you Jeff.I do occasionally look at your site and the other sellers that you mentioned.Another thing that really bothers me is the fact that he is using his buyers rules and guidlines to cover the fact he totally misrepresented the bottle.I`m very tollerant of certain damage.I never use a loupe or a blacklight.I was just sitting and examining the damage more closely and found another flash/crack. There is another 1/8" long line on the other side of the lip.I was trying to build a decent quality collection of umbrellas.You of all people know, that bottle isn`t worth any more than $75.00 now.It just bothers me that a collector like Jim would try and hide behind the guidlines.In my opinion, he stole $200.00 from me and my family.

bottle_head9

Reaction score
I think it only fair to update all the posts regarding this bottle.Glassworks sent me an email telling me to send it back!.The bottle is going back this afternoon. Thank you all for your support and opinions.I think it helped a lot.

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
I'm glad you got everything worked out with Glassworks ! I have purchased from their auction many times over the years..... and I have never had a problem. But , I have heard several people say they have .
And also , I have purchased several Bottles from Jeff & Holly . You will NEVER ever have a problem with a purchase from them.
They will go out of their way to make sure you are happy with your purchase. And if you are hunting for a certain bottle , they will put it on their wanted list ......... and they will contact you if they find one. Just great people to deal with .... and that's worth alot !

Lordbud

Reaction score
For those of us who collect more affordable (or low end) bottles I find ebay indespensible as a buyer. I did sell a good number of bottles on ebay but it has been two or three years now and I know there are more rules and higher seller fees today. I always ask questions first (if I have any) before bidding. I can say in almost 300 ebay transactions I've rarely been less than satisfied.

For those who are able to persue the more expensive "catalog" auctions more power to you. I've noticed some descriptions in the online catalogs that leave some info lacking or being stated ambiguously in the auction description. Any description that hints of damage (large or small) without being specific, should be questioned via email before confirming a bid.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75