New from Glassworks

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: bottle_head9

Thanks Joe, I`m kinda sick to my stomach about the whole thing.I really love the color, but I`m trying to build a collection of higher quality colored pontiled umbrellas.Roughness would be ok, but not a crack.

I understand you feelings, and would be able to rationalize and fully justify a refund and put it towards another awesome early ink......They should never put something out there that is inaccurate or misleading.....Folks might say ,"well maybe they missed it" !!?? (It's pretty obvious) I say it's their business (and rep) to NOT miss such things. Like Cindy said,...I wouldn't have any qualms about calling them.....just my two cents.....[:)] Joe
Joe

old.s.bottles

Reaction score
I believe that it might have just been rough at the time they wrote the description but either way its cracked. Your choice though

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I bought a medicine from Glassworks that was described as undamaged and it had a lip chip so I feel your pain. They wanted me to pay to ship it back so I would have lost about $30 if I returned it. I ended up selling it for $20 less than I paid. I should not have to pay for thier mistakes.
The majority of bottles I have bought from them are fine but when they do make a mistake they seem to be lacking in customer service.
Just my opinion of course.

jays emporium

Reaction score
Look at it this way. If you were selling that bottle do you think you could convince a buyer that is not damage? I think not. It would reduce the price by at least 50% in my opinion, maybe more.

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
I would be on the phone immediately....I am sure you paid top dollar for the bottle...plus 17% plus S/H. I would be very upset. This isnt FleaBay were talking about. I would spend the $30 bucks and send it back....everytime you look at the bottle ....its just going to stick in your crawl.

kungfufighter

Reaction score
No reason to be upset or PO'd - this is an oversight/mistake on the part of Glass Works. They do catalog an awful lot of bottles and sometimes that leads to an unfortunate and relatively obvious error in the description. It is not, in my very strong opinion an intent to deceive. With that said, yes, do contact them immediately, send the bottle back and kindly ask for a refund on return shipping. The damage is substantial and decreases the value by two thirds (IMHO). I would guess that once Jim or Jesse sees the extent of the damage they will refund all costs. Just be direct and tell them what they can do to make you a satisfied customer. Good luck.

div2roty

Reaction score
I hear a fair amount of complaints about the catalog auctions. I've never made a mistake like that with anything I've sold online, and I don't charge for a catalog or a buyers premium, plus I'll refund shipping both ways. I could see a minor mistake once or twice an auction, but it seems that they make more than that. It only takes a few minutes to see damage on a bottle, so even if they were listing 300 an auction, it wouldn't take that long.

I don't have a problem with glassworks, but I think that in general the catalog auction houses know they are misrepresenting items and just assume that the buyers won't take the time to return the items.

bottle_head9

Reaction score
I just finished a brief email letter with two attatched photos.In Glassworks defense, I do have to say again that they are very fair with me and do allow me extra time to pay for more pricey items.I also will call them tomorrow.I am a little curious as to how they handle this.It was insured, but the damage was obviously there and didn`t happen in transit.I do appreciate the advice.I didn`t realize just how much the damage affected value.Your comments were a deciding factor in me boxing the bottle back up.It`s going back as soon as I get a response from Glassworks.Thanks again guys and gals.

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
No reason to be upset or PO'd - this is an oversight/mistake on the part of Glass Works. They do catalog an awful lot of bottles and sometimes that leads to an unfortunate and relatively obvious error in the description. It is not, in my very strong opinion an intent to deceive. With that said, yes, do contact them immediately, send the bottle back and kindly ask for a refund on return shipping. The damage is substantial and decreases the value by two thirds (IMHO). I would guess that once Jim or Jesse sees the extent of the damage they will refund all costs. Just be direct and tell them what they can do to make you a satisfied customer. Good luck.

With all do respect Jeff, This is their buisness. and with this type of buiness accuarcy is most important....not to mention just good buisness practice.....I honestly cant see how it could be "missed", but if they did...a full refund is in order. My only concern is if the 30 day refund period has passed. If so, he is on his own. I would be suspicious why it took that long. As soon as he recieved the bottle he should have called them.If this guy has been a good customer and has bought several items in the past, I wouldnt hesitate to refund his money. Now it is reported that he will not recieve a refund....nor a credit. I will hold reserve on my opinion because I dont know Jim's side of the story. But if its a case....that they just "missed" it. Thats unacceptable.

IMHO a Glass auction houses first priority should be accuarcy. We particpate in ahobby where condition is everything. Should we just accept and over look a practice where sever damage is "missed"? With the damage that has already occured to his buisness he has lost more then $280 bucks. This dosnt seem to be a isolated occurence. Once is a mistake...two or three times is alarming.

bottle_head9

Reaction score
John, I guess I`m on my own.I was late making the final payment on the bottle.I contacted Glassworks ans asked for more time to pay for the bottle.We still would not be having this conversation had the bottle been accurately described.I got the bottle yesterday and contacted them yesterday.I was expecting some roughness, but not a crack and chip.If he can`t take credit for his mistake, then theres something to be said about his behavior.I paid for that bottle if full.Plain and simple.The description was wrong.I would not have bid on a chipped, cracked bottle.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75