new member...with some crawlspace finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

scoobis

Reaction score
My family bought an old schoolhouse to renovate about 9 years ago. I was only 6 at the time and the only one who could comfortably get into and out of the small crawl space. So anything i found was mine to keep, so now that i'm 15 and interested in antiques i was wondering what you could say about what i found.

The first one i'll show is a blue S.S Stanfford it holds on full quart.....

The second is a ceramic Arnolds, it has a small piece of the label missing

The rest are inkwells, i dont know if this is the place to post them but if you had any suggestions or information would be great....

I think these will start my antique trading career..

scoobis

Reaction score
got them to post

If10612.jpg

Picture cropped and reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

scoobis

Reaction score
here's the arnold's

Jh16161.jpg

Picture cropped and reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

Attachments

• Jh16161.jpg
    Jh16161.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 70

scoobis

Reaction score
this is a close up of the arnold's bottle.

Om32410.jpg

Attachments

• Om32410.jpg
    Om32410.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 77

Pontiled

Reaction score
Wow, Scoobis, you're off with a running start! The quart one is hard to find, but the stoneware one is hard to find, even with a partial label. What other inks did you find?

I would love to see what may have been under the old school house that my grandmother had near Lynchburg, Va.

Where are you located?

scoobis

Reaction score
these were found in southern michigan school house, the building was a school from the late 1870s to the 1950's

luvtodig

Reaction score
Wow Scoobis!! So cool to find those kind of bottles when you are just starting...good job!! I found an Arnolds master ink like yours, no label[&o] it had Arnold's Ink England, impressed into it...found it in Wash state a number of years ago, was of special intrest to me, cause my families name is Arnold...I just moved, so it is packed still..I will try and find it soon...I think mine is a pint size, yours appears to be a quart..did not know Pontiled, that they are hard to find..I did not care, was so special to me...the stoneware was so well perserved, fresh out of the ground it still had a shine on it..would love to live in an old schoolhouse Scoobis, you are so lucky to have that all in your backyard...can hardly wait till your next post...thanks!! happy hunting[:D]

scoobis

Reaction score
well i was excited about my finds and went digging in my backyard last night...in the spot of what i think was their garbage dump...i found alot of glass some pencil erasers and this jar, it had a metal cap on it, so when i tried to twist it off the rusty thing just fell apart. There was a black carbon looking think in it like ash, is that dried ink?

do you guys happen to know the estimated value of these?

Oh, here are my inkwells...

Qo39146.jpg

i cant post the picture of the small jar, there's an error on the page

Qo39146.jpg

Attachments

• Qo39146.jpg
    Qo39146.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 78

luvtodig

Reaction score
Good morning Scoobis[:)] A quick look into my price guides, like most collectors I have several books[:D] the Stafford's would price between 60.00-100.00 listed in an older bottle book.. on the Arnold's I have had some trouble finding it listed anywhere I look..any help from someone else?? May I suggest you research at local library, and purchase a good price guide from a book store...Kovel's Bottles Price List,I have found it is a good one, it has good pic's so you can see to compare with your finds..also if you are finding inks, there are good books out there that deal only with inks...remember that price guides are only that, a guide..you are going to find that the bottle feild is a fickle one...how rare it is, and color, makes all the difference on what you will get for a price..one more thing...there is a section in this forum to put it up for sale, or trade...lot's of bottle people here who may love to purchase it...good luck[:)] I am looking forward to seeing more pics of your finds...

luvtodig

Reaction score
Hey Scoobis..the internet is a wonderful thing[:D] I was surfing today and found a whole lot of info on inks..just put in my Goggle search "Antique Inks" and came up with more on the Arnold Master Ink..the link is www.1001inkbottles.com there were many more..this one had a pic of a pottery Arnold ink for $77.00, but it was a 8oz. size..so yours may be worth more then that, it also had a label..hope this helps you..happy hunting[:)]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorginaAc