New score

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
I didn't dig this one, but managed to acquire it this afternoon with a soft silver pick. Really a steal, and I'm happy to add it to the group of Hotaling's bottles and other items in my little collection. Light yellow amber, heavily whittled and with a nicely applied top. Embossed from shoulder to base. OPS in large fancy letters, BOURBON/WHISKEY/FROM/A.P.HOTALING'S/OLD/PRIVATE STOCK/SAN FRANCISCO. Too hot to go outside with this one, so I just snapped a quickie in the house.
CIMG3420.jpg

botlguy

Reaction score
Mike (CALDIGR2) may not want to sound like he's bragging so I will put this bottle in perspective.

John Thomas, the author of many fine books and an authority on Western Whiskies, lists this one is his 2002 book (finished by Bill Ham , Richard Siri and Ken Schwartz after John's passing in 2000) as one of the finer bottles available to the hobby. He went so far as to include a picture of one, not so light and desireable as Mike's example, in the color plate section. He states that in 1969 there were between 20 and 30 examples known to the hobby. I doubt many more have shown up. The value attached to one of these in excellent condition is in the mid 4 figure range. To own this or another example is, indeed, a pleasure I'm sure.

Congratulations Mike.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
I'm almost embarrassed to say that I only gave half a yard for this one. It was offered and I had no choice but to comply immediately.[:D]

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Janie and I have a table, Steve, see 'ya there.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583