New to antique bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Kaila

Reaction score
Hi! I made some posts yesterday and am working on getting pics together of some of the bottles that we have found going through my father-in-laws estate. We have approximately 12 boxes of bottles. I needed an opinion on the types of bottles that I should keep to collect. I have found old perfume bottles, bitters, poison, medicine, ink. . . I haven't gone through all the boxes and I know there are old soda bottles, avon bottles and different types of decanters. I have put some aside that I just like the look of but not sure which ones would be the most collectible. It may take me some time to go through them all and whatever is not kept may be put in an auction. Any advice would be appreciated!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Welcome Kaila,
People will generally collect any old bottle that has embossing (or writing) on it. The value will be determined by other factors such as rarity, color, and condition. Pictures will help. You could also make a list of what the bottles say on them and many people here could tell you which ones have some promise. Best of luck, Bob

TJSJHART

Reaction score
keep what appeals to you,, what interest you or local to you,,,good luck..

dmagave

Reaction score
Actually,the 5 you mentioned can be considered their own seperate catagory.i couldn't make up my mind.i like ALL bottles.i went through 'phases' every time i found something cool.i have about 30 of each.seltzers,cream-tops,codds,hutches,whiskeys,beers,mason's,and some kerosenes..i even went through a cruet phase.i have but can do without the sodas and meds.it may be a good idea to pick a direction because it is addictive,although i have no regrets on my hap-hazard attack of the 'sport'. good luck and ENJOY.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide