New to Fourm-Faygo Ginger Ale Embossed Clear Glass Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Hallfam77

Reaction score
Hello all,
I just found this forum and am hoping I may ask some questions about some Faygo bottles that my Uncle has found in his attic. We can not find a year on this bottle and have done some research on the Feigenson Brothers/Fago company, but we are still not able to pinpoint a year this bottle was made or sold. Maybe someone can be of some help to us.

The clear glass bottle is embossed in the Middle with Faygo Ginger Ale Faygo Bevereage Co..(in a circular pattern) Then at the front bottom is Feigenson Bros. Co. Then on back at bottom it says registered and then just to the right of registerd it looks like a letter with a number G5184. The last number I am not sure of. On the bottom of the bottle it says Detroit Mich (top) Faygo (middle) Beverage (bottom). The bottle is a little over 9 inches tall.

He has 24 of these bottles in a wooden case. The wooden case says in black Drink ACE Feigenson,Brothers Detroit Michigan Plaza 39331. I am posting pictures. If anyone can help us figure out how old they may be it would be a great help. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• case.jpg
    case.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 194
  • bottombottle.jpg
    bottombottle.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 197
  • bottle2.jpg
    bottle2.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 178
  • bottle1.jpg
    bottle1.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 147

hemihampton

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. I'm no Faygo expert but I think the Ace Faygo is a Art Deco style 1920's bottle while the Faygo Ginger Ale is a 1930's to 50's bottle. I know thats a long span & sorry couldn't nail date down any Closer, Pretty sure I got the Faygo Ginger Ale in a full bottle boxed up somewhere along with a Ace or two & about 10-20 other different Faygo bottles. Thats a nice find I think since I live in Detroit Area & Like anything Faygo. LEON.

Hallfam77

Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome! I appreciate it. Wasn't quite sure if this is the place to post a question like this. I am just trying to help my Uncle out. He is thinking of trying to sell them and has no idea about them or of valu. Would you have any clue where I could take them to that may be of help with this. Thanks again!

hemihampton

Reaction score
The only problem I see with selling them is shipping, if you had to sell & ship each bottle or sell all at once & ship the shipping would double the price & cost as much or more to ship as actual value. Best to sell locally & have picked up in person to save on shipping. Where do you live? If you lived near me in Detroit Area I'd pick up my self. If not maybe sell on Craigslist & have it picked up locally. LEON.

Hallfam77

Reaction score
He lives about 2 1/2 hours from Detroit. But my husband works in Toledo a few days every week. I just want to get a fair price for him and thought maybe someone could recommend someone or a place that I might be able to do that with. I just feel if he tries to sell himself he will not get a fair price. I saw this site and read a few posts that dealt with faygo bottles and thought I would try it. Any ideas on valu?

hemihampton

Reaction score
In my Opinion, price depends on many different Factors, I think the bottles are worth $10 each but it would cost $10 to ship it, Nobody wants to pay $20 for a $10 bottle because shipping just doubled the price. If you threw on ebay you might get $20 a bottle at first but as you flood the market with them one after the other the price would gradually drop to who knows possibly $1.00 each because they still gotta pay $10 for shipping. You might get $100 or more for all on ebay but then with that many bottles you have & the weight I'd guess it would be $50 or more to ship & you always risk broken bottles & complaints shipping in mail. I'd offer $100 cash & pick up myself in Person. That way no wrapping each bottle in bubble wrap Trying to wrap large crate & no shipping or worrying about breakage & safe delivery. I come to your door, hand you $100 bill & they are gone & into my collection. Let me know? LEON.

Hallfam77

Reaction score
Alright. Thank you very much for your offer. I will call my Uncle and tell him of the offer. I will let you know soon. I know he is having an estate sale this coming week-end and may want to try his luck there. Not sure what he was thinking. I just want to get a fair price for him and also see someone get this collection that would enjoy it. Jodie

iggyworf

Reaction score
Welcome! Leon is right on with his info. I have about 12-15 different Faygo's also, as I live just north of Detroit. But I do not have that one.

M.C.Glass

Reaction score
The bottle is made by Owens Illinois, from the symbol on the bottom and to the right looks like a "4" which would indicate to me a date of 1934.
I agree with Leon on value, it looks like a lot of bottles to go around, and I'd like one too. Detroit local as well.
Please, keep us posted.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen