New to Fourm-Faygo Ginger Ale Embossed Clear Glass Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Hallfam77

Reaction score
I thank all of you for the information you have given me. You have been most helpful. I talked with my Uncle this morning and he would like to try to sell them at this Estate Sale. He said he was hoping for around $150 for them. He had not told me that before. I tried to talk him into selling them now and then he would be rid of them and have the money in hand. Plus I would love for someone to have them that knows the history and values them for that. But I have to understand they are his and it is his decision. LEON, If you would like I can let you know . If he does not sell them he said he would sell them to you for the offer you gave if you are still interested at that time.
Again I say all of you have been so helpful and I thank you. Jodie

hemihampton

Reaction score
OK, Let me know if they sell at the Estate sale. If not I would still be Interested. Let me know. THANKS, LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
The case (full of bottles) would go good with my First Faygo Bottle from 1907 & first Fay faygohutch1.JPG2faygos.JPGFaygosMavis2.jpgfaygocollection2.jpgFaygoSeltzer.jpggo flat top soda cans from 1950's & all my other faygo. LEON.

bottle-o-pop

Reaction score
There should be (but not always) 3 numbers associated with the Owens-Illinois mark (it looks like an O superimposed on a <> shape). The numbers might be on the underside of the bottle, or they may be on the side of the bottle very small and near the bottom like where the G5184 number is. One of the numbers tells which glass plant made the bottle, one of the numbers indicates the date of the bottle mold (generally thought of as the year the bottle was made), and the other number is a mystery and is probably a "1". The date number should have a period after it if the bottle mold was made in the 1940s, and no period if made in the 1930s. This is a general rule and may not have always been followed. If the bottle was made in the late 40s or in the 50s, then the date number would be a 2-digit number, like 47 would mean 1947. Some of the bottles might have easier-to-read numbers on them than other ones. Some bottles might have none of these 3 numbers on them.

The G5184 is Owens-Illinois' design number for this particular bottle's design and markings.

Unlike coins, the date of a bottle (mold) is usually of secondary importance to collectors; the bottle's design and city and condition are more important. If you can't find any date number or if it's mostly unreadable, it doesn't matter all that much.

Hallfam77

Reaction score
Hey LEON, Talked with my uncle tonight. I got him talked into selling you the 24 bottles and the case for the amount of $100 cash if you would come and get them. If you are still interested. We can some how talk and set up a time and place to do that. Just let me know. Jodie

hemihampton

Reaction score
I keep getting people e-mailing me & sending me PM's asking if I got the bottles & If I want to sell them one. NO, I did not get the bottles. Tried to set up date & time but she changed her mind & did not want to sell them. If somebody else want's to deal with her, go ahead, good luck.

sunrunner

Reaction score
hay , some people just fish for a price , when they get one , they think they can get more . it's just glass not gold .

hemihampton

Reaction score
Last time I help a norman new guy out with a price. One hit wonders fishing.

Eric

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that... what a shame.. you were on the money too with shipping price.. I bought a tall crate and 23 bottles (NicholKola) cost nearly $50 from Michigan to here in Missouri but was glad to get them... a near full case is hard to find... But who knows maybe she'll change her mind and contact you... who else but a collector is gonna buy a full case?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen