New to the forums. Lots of unknown bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

digdug

Reaction score
Let me check in a book at home tonight and get you a value on the Smile bottle. I think the small bottles like it bring in some $$.

thebottlelady

Reaction score
Oh cool! That would be very kind of you. I'm still a little nervous to try and remove the cap. It's cracked pretty bad and I'm afraid I'll break it and decrease the value. Oh I can't wait to get back out there and find some more! I think I enjoy finding out about the bottles more than the digging and cleaning part, but you can't have one without the other...unless you have nephews that worship you and would move a mountain if you asked while you sat in the car with the AC going.[:D] Ah, what a wonderful imagination I have...

digdug

Reaction score
The book showed a value of $20 to $30 for a Smile in mint condition.

marjorie040

Reaction score
Hi Bottlelady,
I enjoyed looking at your bottles and hearing about your dig!!
I'm curious about two things: first the gray colored sphere to the right of your pictures. Do you know what it is? Could we see a closeup!
And second ....the "fallen mansion" aka: tavern....would LOVE to see a picture of that!
Thanks for sharing!!
Marjorie

marjorie040

Reaction score
The book showed a value of $20 to $30 for a Smile in mint condition.

Digdug,
What's in the Smile Bottle? Originally, that is......
Marjorie

madman

Reaction score
hello bottle lady i love the smile bottle !!!! i say dig up that dump roots and all, bottle digging is very addictive !!! have fun thats what its about ... keep bottles that you like, enjoy yourself mike

thebottlelady

Reaction score
Hi Marjorie. I think you are talking about a light bulb. One of the few thiings I found that wasn't a bottle. I didn't notice it in the picture until I posted it. All that's left of the 'mansion' are some stone walls(at least the ones I didn't sorta throw down the hill), a generator or something similar that is sitting oddly on top of the hill, and some tin roof pieces here and there. As long as it's not pouring tomorrow, I'll be headed back out there with my camera in tow. I would die to have a picture of what this place looked like. The elderly lady that was telling me about it said these two large trees were right off the front porch (I'll post pics tomorrow if I am able to go) which means the state had to have pushed some of the rubble out of the way to put the road in. If only I had a name I could find something out about it. Perhaps asking some of the people who live nearby would prove worthwhile. I believe the Smile bottle had soda in it. It's in very good condition except the red cap is cracked. I got the nerve up to take the cap off and it was quite easy...the hard part is figuring out what I can get down in the bottle to clean it up better! The opening is only as big as a drinking straw. That battle is for another day!

marjorie040

Reaction score
Amanda,
A light bulb?!! So much for my imagination!
I found Smile soda in Kovels bottles......10oz ...from Columbus, Mississippi
Your site sounds interesting and I'll look forward to more.
Thanks,
Marjorie

digdug

Reaction score
Smile was a soft drink. Good luck on your future digging on this site!

rustycans

Reaction score
Nice bottles!

The can in the background caught my eye. it looks like a late 40s Schlitz can and should clean up with a mild citric acid bath. Are there more cans there? You'd be surprised how much rust will clean off.

(I am very new here too. A friend who digs both bottles and cans both pointed me here to read your post)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.