New to the Morbious Fod collection II: Electric Boogaloo

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

morbious_fod

Reaction score
The sad thing is that I really didn't find much on my North Carolina trip, the rest I found in North Wilkesboro. I picked up a Buffalo embossed bottle from Charlotte NC for a friend of mine who is into Buffalos, and I picked up these two tips. The first one is a 1940, and the other is a 1947 from Charlotte, NC to upgrade the existing bottle I have for this company. There were a lot of interesting NC bottles in the Wilkesboro antique shop; however, I don't make it a habit of picking up North Carolina bottles. I did see a Wautagua Bottling Works straight side from Elizabethton, TN; however the bottom had a crack almost encircling the whole thing. Sigh. The acl Coke is from Cleveland, Tenn. and I picked it up for a buck in Bristol, I don't know why, it's just tough to find these acl cokes in decent shape sometimes.

BACB2C7557C04C23A82FAAB1DD41B1F6.jpg

Attachments

• BACB2C7557C04C23A82FAAB1DD41B1F6.jpg
    BACB2C7557C04C23A82FAAB1DD41B1F6.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 50

morbious_fod

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: DONT44

Those are some nice ACL's. I am looking for a green glass Nesbitt's 10oz bottle but am having a time locating one.

I have several Nesbitt's bottles and some other flavors that were bottled by different Nesbitt's bottlers around the country.

Regards, Don Nesbitt - no relation to the bottlers.

C962D40473634A67A313E546C102B5E5.jpg

I think the only Nesbitts green bottle I have is the one pictured but in 7oz. I'll keep my eyes open, but they don't see too many of the green Nesbitts.

TJSJHART

Reaction score
morbious , i alway's enjoy your posts. you give me pics to copy so i know what to look out for on outing to shops . thanks

Anthonicia

Reaction score
I have heard that there are some good little shops to find bottles in Mt. Airy. Have never actually been there, but I intend to next time I make it out that way.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
morbious ~

Regarding your "Nesbitts of California" bottle with the black label ... are those considered hard to find back east? Because out here in California they are as common as dirt! Seriously, I see them all the time. In fact, I have dug or found so many of them over the years, I usually don't even bring them home anymore. I just leave them laying on the ground where I found them for future bottle hunters.

It's possible I am misunderstanding something here, (which is par for the course for me) and it's only the "Virginia" bottles you are interested in. Which is kind of funny when I think about it now, because of the numerous ones I have found over the years, I never checked, or even cared until now where they were made. I guess I will have to start doing that. The antique shops are full of them too. I just looked at one from my collection, and will post a photo of it in a minute for you to examine. I'm not sure where it's from, other than on the back it says ... "By Nesbitt Licensee At Location Shown On Cap." I will give you more specific info from the bottom when I post it shortly.

However, I have never found or even seen (other than in photos) the green variation posted by DONT44. If I ever find one of those, I guarantee I won't leave it laying on the ground where I find it!

I'll be back shortly.

Thanks,

SPB

morbious_fod

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: SODAPOPBOB

morbious ~

Regarding your "Nesbitts of California" bottle with the black label ... are those considered hard to find back east? Because out here in California they are as common as dirt! Seriously, I see them all the time. In fact, I have dug or found so many of them over the years, I usually don't even bring them home anymore. I just leave them laying on the ground where I found them for future bottle hunters.

It's possible I am misunderstanding something here, (which is par for the course for me) and it's only the "Virginia" bottles you are interested in. Which is kind of funny when I think about it now, because of the numerous ones I have found over the years, I never checked, or even cared until now where they were made. I guess I will have to start doing that. The antique shops are full of them too. I just looked at one from my collection, and will post a photo of it in a minute for you to examine. I'm not sure where it's from, other than on the back it says ... "By Nesbitt Licensee At Location Shown On Cap." I will give you more specific info from the bottom when I post it shortly.

However, I have never found or even seen (other than in photos) the green variation posted by DONT44. If I ever find one of those, I guarantee I won't leave it laying on the ground where I find it!

I'll be back shortly.

Thanks,

SPB

The reason this particular Nesbitts is so tough is that it is from the small town of Pocahontas, VA and instead of the "location found on cap" notation on the back acl it has "Franchise Bottler Pochahontas, VA". While I am mostly a Virginia, West Virginia (well two towns anyway), and East Tennessee collector, I have picked up a 1 pint 12oz version of this bottle, and the aforementioned green, two variations of the "Nesbitts Orange Drink" bottles from Kingsport, Tenn, and still have the 7oz Greensboro, NC version of the same bottle from Pocahontas. I even have a 7oz "Nesbitts Orange Drink" from 1948 well after I thought they had dropped the Orange Drink part of the name. I dabble sometimes; however, Nesbitts isn't on of the brands I actively collect.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
morbious ~

I understand now regarding your interest in that particular bottle. But since I know you like a good challenge, maybe you can figure out from the info on the bottom where my bottle was made. (Most likely from California as that's where I found it) but then again maybe not.??? The makers mark is another one of those weird G over a C that we spoke about the other day (Glass Containers, Inc.), and reads ...

50 <symbol> 4 plus ... 5458 plus ... Des. Pat. 114026

Even if this doesn't tell us where it was made, is the date ... 1950 - 1954 - 1958 ?

I'm posting only the back and bottom ... the front is identical to your's. (Filled with milk for legibility).

And I will understand if you are not interested or able to crack the G C code. It boggles me!

Thanks,

SPB

B97C549ED31F4C7BBF324A7C2F8A506A.jpg

Attachments

• B97C549ED31F4C7BBF324A7C2F8A506A.jpg
    B97C549ED31F4C7BBF324A7C2F8A506A.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 48

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads