New utility I picked up

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: appliedlips

Here is a picture that illustrates the point Plumbata made. It sits perfectly level.

6DCCC7DF023C4DB78EFF8B9794A2FCB6.jpg

Well, last night I thought it was a seed.. but I stand corrected.. as does the bottle! Very interesting!!!

tigue710

Reaction score
Jeff would be right, it is too early for New London, although the color would not have uncommon in New London, or Coventry, Willington for that matter...

I have also seen stoddard glass in this color, but more commonly you will see color like this in the mid Atlantic areas, like Jersey, Balt. etc...,

either way your not going to put a name on it by the color, but its alwasy fun to speculate...

Great insight there Plumbata, I wouldnt of thunk it!

Phil44 where did you dig in New London if you do not mind telling, I'm sure its the dump thats all covered up but just incase...

appliedlips

Reaction score
Jeff, Thank you very much for your opinion it is a trusted one. I was hoping someone would recognize the mold markings more than color but like Matt said, it's fun to guess..I am just happy to know that I can still dig a Kimballs,Stoddard Flag, or 16 sided umbrella in this color.[;)]

phil44

Reaction score
tigue,They came out of an outhouse, we loaded up the maps drove up and knocked on doors. We targetted a couple towns up there to ask permission. It was exciting, we got behind some of the oldest houses I've ever probed behind Dutch colonials etc. some had historical plaques. I remember getting permission in quite a few but it was hard to find anything to dig. We finally found the one it was a shallow wood liner. 4x4x5. The house was being rehabed we were in the right place at the right time because it was a really nice town hard to get people to agree to let you dig up thier yards. We started in Bridgeport where we had no luck. Seemed like everything there was covered with asphalt or concrete.

KentOhio

Reaction score
Yeah, maybe that is blueing inside. I'm not sure how to tell blueing from blue ink.
Doug, I did go to Mansfield on Saturday. I saw your table while you were away and your son was earning his bottle. It's easy to miss people, that's for sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday