Newbie - Sodas and Medicine (PIcs added)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

elliott 123

Reaction score
I watch a Youtuber by the name of Adventure Archeology. He's based out of Birmingham I believe so he comes up with a lot of the same bottles you have. I would try find his Facebook account and ask him for info on what you got. Personally, I find this to be a properly impressive collection.
Thanks. That's just some of them I could easily get pictures of. There are more I haven't unboxed yet.

I'm looking over this Hutchinson Project website. Do you know how to tell the difference between a round and horseshoe plate? I'm assuming there is a shape I'm looking for on the bottom of the bottle?

Hezezilla

Reaction score
Thanks. That's just some of them I could easily get pictures of. There are more I haven't unboxed yet.

I'm looking over this Hutchinson Project website. Do you know how to tell the difference between a round and horseshoe plate? I'm assuming there is a shape I'm looking for on the bottom of the bottle?
Sorry, I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to hutches. I seldom hear about ones being found in my local area. Hope someone else can help you with that. I'm much more well-read on machine-made bottles.

elliott 123

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to hutches. I seldom hear about ones being found in my local area. Hope someone else can help you with that. I'm much more well-read on machine-made bottles.
Thank you, maybe someone who knows will fill me in. :) Can you look at this one and see if you can shed any light? I may have posted it in the wrong sub-forum. I think it's actually post 1900? https://www.antique-bottles.net/thr...-eagle-stars-bessemer-ala.699485/#post-781393

Hezezilla

Reaction score

elliott 123

Reaction score
Alrighty. Just found this. Maybe it can help with your non-crown-top bottles

Thank you so very much for sharing this resource! I'm sure people who are familiar with bottles have no trouble navigating the Hutchinson Project database. But for me as a newbie, the illustrations in the resource you provided are so much easier to use. I was able to find some of mine right away by matching to the illustrations. Thanks again!

Old man digger

Reaction score
Hello and thank you for allowing me to join. I have inherited some sodas (mostly hutch) and some medicine bottles They've been boxed up since the mid-eighties. I'm excited to learn what I have. Thanks again for approving my membership.
Thanks for joining and good luck with your bottles!!!! Lots of information here on this forum. OMD

historic-antiques

Reaction score
Hello and thank you for allowing me to join. I have inherited some sodas (mostly hutch) and some medicine bottles They've been boxed up since the mid-eighties. I'm excited to learn what I have. Thanks again for approving my membership.
Great looking, valuable bottles!! A nice inheritance to have!!! Love those Hutchison's!!!

JOVE

Reaction score

Plumbata

Reaction score
That straight-sided coke with the original paper label is definitely a winner, you would need to post more pictures of the bottle to get a better assessment but I'd bet it's worth multiples more than a typical dug SS coke without a label. For example I sold a common hutchinson soda which would have been worth $10 on a good day for $135 because it still had most of its paper label (Birch Beer was the flavor).

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen