Newbies in our own backyard

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

kramerella

Reaction score
We have no experience or bottle knowledge. But my husband and I, very slowly, dug two 10 foot brick liners in our own backyard. We purchased a 1845 home around two years ago and stumbled on the first pit while moving daffodils.

I am sure that everyone here would think our digs were a waste, but to us, we were happy to find anything at all. The first pit, I posted previously, found a few bottles from 1900 - 1910. The 2nd pit, we finished today. Wealthy people lived here, so I don't think it was dug before, but it was probably dipped many times. We found some shards and only 2 bottles. The first is an open pontil, unembossed, aqua colored bottle, maybe 5" high. The second is a clear bottle that has BOSTON on one side and BURNETT on the other. It's maybe 5" high.

I could post pictures, but I don't think my finds warrant charging the camera. All in all, it was a fun experience. I've ordered a probe and when it arrives, I will probe my yard for old wood liners. I admire your hobby, it's fun, invigorating, dirty work :) I know I won't go past my own back yard, but it has been fun. All my yard labor previously, was to make my yard look nice, plant flowers, edge, mow, weed whack, etc.. We threw all of that to the wind and have been destroying our yard instead. It's been fun being a rebel.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
C-mon, now, charge up that camera and show us what you got there!!! I'm going to bed soon but I'll be looking for pics of your digs ...no rush! [;)]

Just Dig it

Reaction score
Welcome kramerella..no noobs here..just people who like history and want answers = ) welcome aboard guys
Got some woods behind that house?? searched for a dump?
Check the stone walls as well..
Nice meeting you both (eric mass)

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter