Newest, Highest

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JGUIS

Reaction score
Just a general question that's been bugging me. What is the newest bottle, with the most value? Is there even a cutoff, not counting things like modern glass blowers, or current artsie fartsie home decor stuff. Is there a "sleeper" out there from the 30's-70's?[8|]

capsoda

Reaction score
If there is it is probably a soda bottle. I guess it could be almost anything.

Some Frank Tea and Spice bottles go for pretty good money. If your talking a grand and up , no idea.

bubbas dad

Reaction score
there are three bottles that stick out in my mind. they're all sodas, but i guess thats why i noticed them since thats what i collect. there was a large size mountain dew bottle that was sold awhile back. i don't remember the exact price but it was over a $1000 dollars. about a month ago a 30 oz amber crush went for $495. alittle bit newer bottle was an amber diet crush from the 60"s that sold for $186. i would have to say the diet crush suprised me the most, i guess because it wasn't any older than i am.

JGUIS

Reaction score
That's crazy, I wasn't even thinking that high. I figured the highest ones that new would be in the 1-200 dollar range. I figured it would be a soda, but was also thinking it would be some sort of misprint or something. Thanks guys.

capsoda

Reaction score
Some of the Frank Tea and Spice bottles get up to a grand. I have the Jumbo peanut butter elephant in clear and it goes for $365 or so and the green goes for $800 to $1000.

Some Whitehouse items go for over $100 and then there are always the embossed milks. I saw a Try Me soda from somewhere in Kansas on Ebay go for $104 and I still can't figure that one. They are neat art deco bottles but I didn't know there were any rare ones.[8|] Here is the Jumbo elephant. The pepper sauce next to it sells from $70 to $145 and the lite blue Jumbo on the end is the only one that I know of.
Ig11099.jpg

JGUIS

Reaction score
Those are SLICK! What's the time frame on the jumbos? I found a jar that resembles a totem pole with the thunderbird design in the middle and little bears around the neck the other day, and a piece of a truck candy bottle, but one of those elephants would be way cool.

capsoda

Reaction score
The peanut butters run from the late teens through the early 1950s. The bottles shown are all fron the 1920s to the early 30s.

Jacob Frank is also the inventor of Frank's Red Hot Sauce. You can still by the stuff and it was the original secret ingrediant in buffalo sauce for buffalo wings. The company was sold to Durkee in 1977.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohib