Nice Aqua Gordon Dry Gin

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

redbrass_ca

Reaction score
Hi all!

Here is a bottle that I keep on display in my kitchen. I don't think it is uncommon but it has a lovely embossing and a beautiful range of aqua colors. It has a registered number on the shoulder 610617. The bottle is 9 inches tall and 3.25 inches wide and it is made in atwo part mold with a nice applied lip. Does anyone have this specimen and could you share more information

Thanks

Thierry G. Papion Nova Scotia

Jg14276.jpg

Attachments

• Jg14276.jpg
    Jg14276.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 71

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
Hey Thierry! Applied lip is pretty good. They are pretty common though..I've got one I kept form our big dump/dig site but my friend broke the stopper[&o]. I found another stopper but its earlier than the bottle (they used to have a cork wrap around the stem in case you didn't know) The dump I pulled this out of was de-commisioned in 1936 so I know mine is at leats that old, it has no applied lip its abm all the way and is more clear than yours and the base has similar markings and includes a stamp of dgc or dcc 12.

Om34329.jpg

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
try that again..[:mad:]

Xu62662.jpg

Hmm still won't work[:mad:]

Attachments

• Ec88749.jpg
    Ec88749.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 63

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
One last try..

Us53384.jpg

Attachments

• Us53384.jpg
    Us53384.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 83
  • Us53384.jpg
    Us53384.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 69

GuntherHess

Reaction score
How early were the Gorden's Gin bottles made? I have found a couple that are very crude and look to be maybe from the 1870's. I have never heard of a pontiled version.
Has anyone seen one?

redbrass_ca

Reaction score
Thanks for all your input. I am going to do a bit a research to see if I can find more on the company. I must say few embossed bottles stand out as nicely as this one from a distance. I have many other types of variation of this bottle. I would gather they are likely worthless to collectors. If you guys have any other pictures to share please send your postings.

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
Matt, I would also like to know how far back they go after reading this thread!
Rich, thatnks for the great tips on how to re-make the cork wrap, I was wondering how to do that, mine had it until my partner dropped it on the floor[&o]. But it's good to know that I can still fix one up for it[:D].
Thierry, please let us know if you find any other info on the company, I'd sure like to know more. I also wanted to tell you that the dealer that buys from me pays me about $4.00 fro each of these bottles I sell him, I dont know what he gets, but thats my cut and well worth it as I dig probably one every other week..[:D]

Bottleman

Reaction score
I am not sure when the first Gordon’s was made but here is a pic of my two oldest ones. They are square bottle, mold blown, and have a light green color. Does anyone else have this early style? I dug these at a really nice dump here where I live but my crazy friend tunneled under the paved parking lot about it and we both got the boot. We would go there every day for weeks until after a rain storm when a 5X5 piece of the parking lot collapsed in. I later herd that it cost the man over $1500 to get it repaired and to cover the hole hill (the dump) below the lot with huge rocks so no one else could dig there. [:mad:]

~~Tom

Us52733.jpg

redbrass_ca

Reaction score
I found a picture on Ebay of what these bottles looked like with the paper label. As well as a picture of Mr Alexander Grodon Was found on the net. He started making his gin back in 1746. The product went to three distillation process to give it purity. His receipe was kept secret for many years

Thierry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday