Nikoteen bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

wasartjr

Reaction score
I am new to this, but we found an old dairy farm dump on our land and have begun digging. We have lots of bottles, old milk cans, gas lamp parts etc. Most of the stuff looks like early 1900's but this bottle seems older than the rest and we can find nothing on the net about "Nikoteen." Anyone know the product and date. Once we have had a chance to clean this stuff up we will post some pics.

Thanks,

wasartjr

wasartjr

Reaction score
Sorry, but I forgot the pic. Here it is.

wasartjr

Db85496.jpg

Picture reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

Attachments

• Db85496.jpg
    Db85496.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 78

KentOhio

Reaction score
That's a neat bottle! I've never seen one. It looks like it's from about 1890. There would be some interest in that if you ever wanted to sell it, because of the awesome name.

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
Nikoteen was definitely a medicine that maybe contained nicotine. Like Mr. Gray said, it's from around 1890, although it looks like it might be ABM, which would make it c. 1910, but I can't tell.[:D]

wasartjr

Reaction score
Thanks again diggerboy, is there any way to tell if it is ABM?

wasartjr

Reaction score
Mold seams end about half way up the neck and the bottle neck actually gets a little thicker there. None of the bottles I am finding have mold seams that go up to the lip. There are numerous medicine bottles in there with the name Best on the bottom. Does anyone know that name. It must be common since I have 8 or 9 by now. I'll keep digging!!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen