No Clue....Yet again

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
You guys what in the world was this used for? It stands 5 1/2" tall, and only has "8" embossed on the bottom. Thats all I got to go on. Thanks for any help!

Ol31301.jpg

Hannahbelle

Reaction score
I found one similar to that in a 50's dump, and it was a shampoo bottle, the writing was still on it...
I have it at home, because I was amazed that shampoo used to be in glass bottles!
I'll check it out for you, let you know what mine was for (the brand and all that.)
[:)]

diggermeister

Reaction score
Yep, look's like shampoo to me too. Before the advent of plastic containers they would make most shower glass bottles with a good shape for gripping or ribbed etc. I can actually remember those day's [&:].
I used to keep all the bottles I dug up (all that work you know) but, I would be up to my ears in only 6 months if I would have continued to do so. Now, I have to leave most of the non-identifiable ones behind [:(]. A very general rule for me is; No embossing, no keeping. I try to keep strange colors and shapes though.

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
Well I used to have a glass revlon aquamarine shampoo bottle and a porceilan lather shampoo bottle but i was not aware that shampoo bottles came in this shape. or size...thats really tiny....Anyways thanks for your replies that helps - Jon

Hannahbelle

Reaction score
I looked at mine, it is the same size as yours, and is says Perfect Lustre shampoo....
I still find it odd - shampoo in glass bottles!!!!

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
Yeah that is kind of weird they are in bottles but I used to have a couple...I sold them but I still have a pic on my computer....See....pretty cool - Whipped Prene Shampoo and Revlon Auqamarine. The instructions for the prene were interesting like the proper amount to use was "the size of a lemon in the palm of your hand"

Rp43669.jpg

Attachments

• Rp43669.jpg
    Rp43669.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 91

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members