Not a Hutch or a Codd?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

IRISH

Reaction score
Hey kumtow, how about if I send someone else's arm and leg for it ? [:D] (just let me think of someone I don't like [&:] ).

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
Hi All -

These Twitchell type bottles are less common than the hutches. Here in Maine there are around 15 different hutch bottles but the Gannett & Morse is the only Twitchell style.

I have two of the Gannett & Morse bottles with the patent dates described by kumtow. Gannett & Morse was a soda/mineral water bottler and a patent medicine company is business from 1885 to 1900. 'Giant Oxien' was one of their brand names. As the picture shows, one of my bottles has a slight aqua tint and the other is clear, they both have the ball stopper and one still has the rubber gasket which has shrunk and is as hard as a rock. Note the different neck styles as well.

I once saw one of these bottles for sale on ebay and the seller was apologizing for the ball inside the bottle, he couldn't figure how it got in there or how to get it out!

- Sam

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
One more try

Db83942.jpg

Attachments

• Db83942.jpg
    Db83942.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 62

kumtow

Reaction score
Hi Sam,
Mine is the same as the left bottle, although the lip on mine is bigger (more blobby, if I can use that term). Aqua glass with composite marble. It was the first one I had seen on eBay so I snapped it up. Can't remember what I paid for it but it wasn't much. I was pretty happy as I thought it would sell for a lot more. It is nearly mint condition and I reckon it is fantastic. It is a patent that was never used in Australia so to me it is unusual and interesting. AAAh, don't you just love this hobby.

cerberus314

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Sam_MaineBottles

I once saw one of these bottles for sale on ebay and the seller was apologizing for the ball inside the bottle, he couldn't figure how it got in there or how to get it out!

- Sam

Oh well it was his/her loss right? I try and research anythng before I sell it on ebay...this way Im not selling something worth more then what I have it listed as.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter