Off! Clip-on

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

kwalker

Reaction score
Anyone ever use one of these before? The thought of never having to spray bug repellent on my poor soul again really makes me motivated to try one of them out. It apparently offers full body protection from the little terds and is reusable with little disks you put into the fan. I'd be interested in seeing if one of these actually worked and if it did I'd be pretty excited to never have to worry about accidentally getting a mist of bug spray in my mouth again and smelling like a citronella candle for hours after.

off-clip-on.jpg

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. I was considering buying one and trying it out. Just this week I went looking for it at the store. They only had the refills, though.

RedGinger

Reaction score
If anyone tries this, and it works let me know! I mean, people who are super sensitive to mosquitoes! This sounds like a great idea.

kwalker

Reaction score
Nothing's worse then trekking in the woods pouring sweat and irritated by the surprise roots and branches that like to trip you. Oh wait, there is! A swarm of little vermin buzzing around your head and into your ears, nose, mouth ANYWHERE there's an opening on your face. It'd be awesome to have one of these if it worked. I always considered bringing a Citronella candle to my site and lighting it up while I dig. It'd be an extra burden but for some reason Mosquitoes hate them.

If I ever get over to a store that has these in the near future I'll pick one up just to give it a try. If not, I'll save you guys the trouble and stick in my folly box [:D] Unless someone else has one of these and they'd be willing to share some experiences with it!

Plumbata

Reaction score
Skeeters usually leave me alone for the large part, but my girlfriend gets eaten alive by them. The running joke is that I don't need repellent of any sort while she is around because every last skeeter goes for her. Unfortunately for her there is much truth to the joke, lol.

She has been wondering about the efficacy of these devices as well, dorky as they may be, and since none of you have yet tried them out I may get one for her and then post the results.

epackage

Reaction score
for Gnats I use a dryer sheet to keep them away, I tuck it into my collar and it smells nice all day to boot...

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

for Gnats I use a dryer sheet to keep them away, I tuck it into my collar and it smells nice all day to boot...

I tuck a strawberry Philly Blunt between my lips,smoke um out!
Works like a charm!

2514BE2505BE4F05BBAFAFAAF6C839D3.jpg

Attachments

• 2514BE2505BE4F05BBAFAFAAF6C839D3.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 55

RedGinger

Reaction score
One thing that definitely works for me (and I am a mosquito magnet to the extreme), is Repel Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus. There are different brands of bug products all called "Repel", but this is the one to get. You will probably need to order it online. It keeps ticks away too. I sprayed everywhere with another brand called "Repel", and got mosquito bites and a tick. The former is all natural and I can work in my garden or do whatever I want outside for as long as I like without a single mosquito venturing near me.

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

ORIGINAL: epackage

I tuck a strawberry Philly Blunt between my lips,smoke um out!
  Works like a charm!

IS this gal lusting after her own self???[:D] Dam every insect loves to bite me!Especially fleas!!We let our dog in over the winter and this spring had fleas in the house!!GEEZ I HATE THEM!Raid finally got rid of em.Guess they love me cause My blood is so sweet!JAMIE

swizzle

Reaction score
I just bought the off clip on and gave it a brief diggers test. I set it in a tree branch above my digging spot and it seemed to be working to a degree. I wasn't eaten alive but I noticed when I stood up and walked a few feet away to do anything I was swarmed by the usual lot of skeeters. It takes a few minutes to cover your area with repellant. I think what was happening when I was getting bit is that a slight breeze would air out my area and they would move back in and I'd swat a few. Then they'd be no bother for a few more minutes. This is made for sitting in one spot on calm days. For now though IO'm thinking about sticking with DEET 40% because of the ticks in my area. When I go hiking in the Adirondacks I may bring the clip on with me. Ticks are few and far between in the ADK. Swiz

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler