Off! Clip-on

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Mr. Fred,

That would be the
off_deep_woods.jpg
Dry. I only used it once and passed on the can to She Who Went Kogomi Picking. Didn't get a review from the girls.

It was much less greasy than the original bug juice.

RawFiddleheadFern.jpg

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
Since we are talking about pest problems I thought I would share a product I came acros. If you are having problems with ants....those small little piss ants. ..There is a product called Terro. You just put a small drop on a piece of cardboard and they go after it like its somekind of ant "crack" The next day I they are completely gone. They take this stuff back to the colony and kills the queen and the entire colony. After a few years of battling these little critters I have finally won.

Honestly, I have never seen anything like it. You can get it at Home Cheapo... The best ant killer ever made. I dont know if it works on fire ants or any other kinds of ants , but those small pesky ants....it kills them dead! No dead ant corpse laying around...they just dissappear. Once again it is called TERRO cost like $3.95 I swear by it.

kwalker

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: PrivyCheese

Since we are talking about pest problems I thought I would share a product I came acros. If you are having problems with ants....those small little piss ants. ..There is a product called Terro. You just put a small drop on a piece of cardboard and they go after it like its somekind of ant "crack" The next day I they are completely gone. They take this stuff back to the colony and kills the queen and the entire colony. After a few years of battling these little critters I have finally won.

Honestly, I have never seen anything like it. You can get it at Home Cheapo... The best ant killer ever made. I dont know if it works on fire ants or any other kinds of ants , but those small pesky ants....it kills them dead! No dead ant corpse laying around...they just dissappear. Once again it is called TERRO cost like $3.95 I swear by it.

Sounds horrible, violent, disgusting and dastardly! Like a mass suicide of ants brought on by their own ignorance!

....I like it.
me%20gusta%20mucho%20creepy.png

RedGinger

Reaction score
My Mom gave me an Off Clip-On. I tried it today. It works alright for gardening, although I still got bitten in a few places. I will know more tomorrow when/if more bites show up. I would say it's good for staying in one spot, but some strays will still make their way past the "barrier" and bite you if you are mosquito bait, like me. My vote still goes to the Repel Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus. The only problem is having to order it online.

RedGinger

Reaction score
Well, I after using the Off Clip-On, here is my report. I had it clipped on the side of my shorts and noticed a mosquito on the other side, on my knee. I thought maybe me bending over to work, with it on the side, I was covering it up too much, and didn't know if anything was biting me in the back. I clipped it onto the back of my shorts. Today, some bites came up on the back of my neck. So, I can't give it a thumbs up. It's too difficult to tell, and I did still get bitten. This was just working in my garden, not even in the swampy, mosquito-infested creek area behind the house.

I would still be bothered by mosquitoes and would probably be okay with a few bites, were it not for my extreme reaction to them. I get huge, itchy welts that last for a long time. Thank goodness I have not gotten any bee stings. If I get stung on my foot, for example, the entire foot swells up.

kwalker

Reaction score
That's interesting, and it's almost as if it could be predicted. I think it's intended for lounging around outside or something like that because it's a fan and creates a small almost bubble of protection. I saw them at the store today and was going to buy one. But THEN I saw there was a sale on cereal....sometimes you have to weigh the options and make a sacrifice...

RedGinger

Reaction score
Yes, it says give it a few minutes after changing spots. Well, that's not really possible when working outside, and my garden isn't even that big. Good choice on the cereal. I am going to try this thing out on Joe and see how it works for him. Maybe the less mosquito prone will have more success.

kwalker

Reaction score
I think I'm also gonna do some searchin' on if it's possible that people are more prone to bug bites than others. I'm pretty prone to getting bitten but other people can go without getting a single nip. I'll be back!

kwalker

Reaction score
Here's what I've dug up. I'm pretty surprised I gotta say.

"The reason why some people are more attractive to mosquitoes is a riddle for scientists. A full understanding of this phenomenon would go a long way to reduce the incidence of malaria and its complications.

A female mosquito can “smell†its blood dinner from a distance of up to 50 kilometres. Its bite can mean much more than a few days of itching. For some people, it can cause severe allergic reactions. In addition, you could contract mosquito-transmitted diseases such as malaria, dengue fever, Ross River Fever and West Nile virus.

In a bid to find a lasting solution to the disease, scientists have been considering why mosquitoes are selective in the people they “biteâ€. There are several schools of thought on why mosquitoes bite some people more than others. The fact that most mosquitoes are attracted to the odour of carbon dioxide emitted with the breath of human beings hardly explains why some people are bitten more than others...."

"...There are theories that women are more likely than men to be bitten because mosquitoes are repelled by the strong odour of male sweat, but this is not true either.

Some schools of thought hold that mosquitoes prefer women because of some secret hormonal trigger. But the explanation might be simpler: Women generally have thinner skin than men, so they are more likely targets of mosquitoes.

Does the human body have compounds within it and from without that are a “magnetic†for mosquitoes? Can the more recent thinking that substances in perfumes, soap residues, facial make-up, deodorants and other compounds on the skin result in someone becoming more or less attractive to mosquitoes be true?

Researchers have lately found that some people give off “masking odours†that prevent mosquitoes from finding them. They found that “unattractive†individuals give off different chemical signals compared with “attractive†individuals..."

"...Mosquitoes also target people who produce excess amounts of uric acid. These substances can trigger mosquitoes’ sense of smell, luring them to land on unsuspecting victims. People who emit large quantities of carbon dioxide, such as large people and pregnant women, are also threatened by mosquitoes. Movement and heat also attract mosquitoes.
Keeping the mosquito bite at bay can be achieved, however, by using chemical-based repellants like DEET and alternative repellents such as the soybean oil-based repellants, which offer protection for about 1.5 hours. Oils like citronella, eucalyptus, peppermint, lemongrass and geranium provide short-lived protection..."

All from http://www.eyesonmalaria.org/fourthedition16.html

Looks like some people may be more susceptible to being bitten than others. You don't have Gout do you Laur? [:D]

DeHavilland Mosquito
De_Havilland_Mosquito-DK338-1942.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75