Off! Clip-on

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

kwalker

Reaction score
That's predictably I'd imagine. Considering it's a fan I'd imagine it sort of showers the area but the slightest breeze would blow it away.

I think the reason you don't have ticks up there is because they all ran down here for a breather! Some guys have all the luck I guess [8D]

kwalker

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Bottles r LEET

The bugs I really hate are those deer flies! They really hurt!

Down here it's ticks and over at the shore its the dreaded GREEN HEADS [X(] They've gotta be the most diabolical creature ever created. No i repeat NO amount of bug spray deters them and their bite feels like a needle. They enjoy suckling on your blood if you let them to feed their eggs like vampires. and particularly like to attack your in waves of 5 or 6 [:eek:]BE WARNED! They're found pretty much in every back bay and marsh of the seashore and they LOVE attacking the unsuspecting adventurer out on an island or small beach especially during low tide. Your typical insect menace with modifications [&:] Sorry about that but I felt it vital to give anyone a fair warning before heading to our shores unprepared. Not that you can really be prepared for them anyway.

greenhead-fly-beachjpg-f4b819ce276cfb04_large.jpg

Wheelah23

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: kwalker

ORIGINAL: Bottles r LEET

The bugs I really hate are those deer flies! They really hurt!

Down here it's ticks and over at the shore its the dreaded GREEN HEADS [X(] They've gotta be the most diabolical creature ever created. No i repeat NO amount of bug spray deters them and their bite feels like a needle. They enjoy suckling on your blood if you let them to feed their eggs like vampires. and particularly like to attack your in waves of 5 or 6 [:eek:]BE WARNED! They're found pretty much in every back bay and marsh of the seashore and they LOVE attacking the unsuspecting adventurer out on an island or small beach especially during low tide. Your typical insect menace with modifications [&:] Sorry about that but I felt it vital to give anyone a fair warning before heading to our shores unprepared. Not that you can really be prepared for them anyway.

greenhead-fly-beachjpg-f4b819ce276cfb04_large.jpg

I'm down the shore right now... And I second that advice. Greenheads have to be one of the most vile animals in the world. The worst thing is, NOT EVEN CLOTHING CAN PROTECT YOU! They bite right through bathing suits, shirts, or whatever you're wearing. You practically need a frying pan to swat these things, truth be told. There's dents in my car from where we hit them on the highway... [&:]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I remember those damn things! You guys aren't exaggerating.. I remember one day being out sailing on a laser.. the wind died on me and I got swarmed by them so badly, I decided to plunge into the water.. only to get the crap stung out of me by jellies.. awesome day it was..

kwalker

Reaction score
You can try and try but the Greenheads always win...The little bastards love to eat you up for all your worth. The only thing that beats them is a stiff breeze which down here is always fairly constant. But the days when there is none and you sweat...it's almost like they have an attraction to it. You're eaten within minutes!

swizzle

Reaction score
Type in Deer Fly Patch on ebay. There's a sweet product for them bitin' bass turds. Not sure if it'll work on green heads. Do green heads go for the top of your head like a deer fly? If so it'll work on green heads too. All it is is a flesh colored stick pad that you stick on the back of your hat. They see it and dive onto it and get stuck. No chemicals or mess. You can order larger quantities from a company called trednot I think that's the name. Let me go pull a link real quick. Swiz

kwalker

Reaction score
That's really interesting Swiz. Green heads will go for just about any part of your body. They'll try anywhere to get a bite. I'm not sure if it would work or not but I'm certainly going to have to try this when I head down the shore next week. It's funny how many bug sprays out there say "protects from Green Heads!" when really they don't. I don't even think an air tractor spraying bug spray over you would work these things can survive anything. Except my hand though [:D] They like to stick around for long times so you can easily kill them if you're quick enough. But who wants to be swatting at 500 bugs all day long?

RedGinger

Reaction score
We always used to go to OC NJ and I don't remember them. How about Sea Lice? Those are terrible. They get in your bathing suit. Anyway, my mom gave me one of those OFF clip ons and I am going to try it and report my results.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75