Okay,...what treasure did we just destroy???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
Me again,...

Okay, so Elaine is still working this huge dump I've been rattling on about and I go see how she's doing during my lunch break. She proceeds to show me the remains of a bottle that was perfect until she accidently dropped a clod on it. It was a rather tall bottle,...maybe 10 inches to 12 inches,...and one side had a measuring line on it,....for servings I assume. The front had an embossing of a boy wearing something that resembled a crown. Inside the crown it looked as though it said "Toby" or something similar. In large letters across the bottom of the bottle it said "A Meal In A Bottle". That was about it for the embossing. It had a rather large opening,...maybe 1-1/2 inches across,..and the bottle width was probably about 4 or 5 inches. Any idea what it may have been? Looked like a keeper before the accident.

best again,

Ken

ronvae

Reaction score
Were there any maker's marks on the bottom? I searched "Meal in a Bottle" for fun, & got zillions of pages of people fighting over the quality of various English Stouts, so I guess it is a catch-phrase...

kramloop

Reaction score
Classic-
By the sounds of it ,it could be a meat bottle.I suggest you go to E-bay and search for one that looks like the "one that got away".Sorry for the loss of yours..... but to make you feel better, most go for approx$2-$20.Hope this helps--Good Luck

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4