Old Bottle Book

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PBrown7777

Reaction score
Anyone interested in this old 1975 book, "The Illustrated Price Guide of Antique Bottles" by Carlo & Dot Sellari and the Editors of Country Beautiful, 390 pages, please let me know. Thanks.

Attachments

• f1ea88a564964e058bd7216b8dc6871e.jpg
    f1ea88a564964e058bd7216b8dc6871e.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 81

PBrown7777

Reaction score
I actually have no idea what to ask for it.......don't want to charge too much, so I'll entertain an offer. Yes, Red did reply to my last posting on this and even sent me an email, but after my response he never got back to me. My email response may not have gotten to him or his ISP filtered it out as spam.......I don't know. I even offered to send it to him, he could determine what he thought it was worth, keep it, send it back or whatever and I wouldn't charge shipping. I hope he's okay as I hadn't heard from him. Anyway, I've had it for years, kinda interested in other things and thought someone else would like it. I also have a bunch of Kovel's, a 1991 Official Price Guide Bottles, by Jim Megura, and a 1986 The Official Price Guide to Bottles Old & New, from the Editors of the House of Collectibles. I really don't need any of them and willing to part with any or all. If nothing else, some of them have some very nice color pictures of bottles.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Price guides can actually get useful with age in some ways. The age offsets the availability from the internet and becomes almost correct.$10 max shipped would be about fair for this one, that's about what's available at any given time on Amazon.That book covers much of the common stuff and gives you a clue what if anything they're worth or whether they're worth selling online or just yard selling for .50-$1.00 by shape color etc.. It's a good book and that's why I kept mine and still browse it from time to time. That and sentimental reasons.My 2¢.

PBrown7777

Reaction score
Have heard from Red and will be sending the book to him. The others are still available tho. Thanks for your info.Phil

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Thanks Phill, I will be watching for it. What type of bottles do you collect? I have been making a list of my Florida Bottles, with descripti9ons, numbers and information for my daughter. When we get to NY, I will be doing it there this summer. I also have three antique boats, antique outboard motors, black-smithing tools, gas engines, demijohns and BIG Advertizing bottles to list and sell if I find any buyers. I have always been a pack rat for things I get attracted to. Best to do it now when we can use the money better than the things, RED M.

PBrown7777

Reaction score
Red:Haven't forgotten you. Will send book as soon as I can. Would make it easier on us if Mother Nature doesn't keep hitting us with snowstorms. Hopefully, yesterday's was the last.Best regards,PhilP.S. I'm an unfortunate pack rat, too, of so many different items.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well Phil it started for me to collect arrow heads. My grandfathers farm was next to ours in Burdett N Y a few miles 7 from Watkins Glen on the south end of Seneca Lake in NY. Sullivan's army battled with the Seneca Indians big time where his vineyard was. He had buckets full of arrow heads, spear points and minnie balls form the fighting. I found quite a few and even have some bolerow ties I made some of them. There is no hurry on the shipping. Best regards. RED M.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology