Old dump revisited 30 yrs later

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlechaser62

Reaction score
I flew back to Arkansas for a brief visit this weekend and talked my sister and brother in-law into taking me down to the river where I dug bottles at a TOC dump with my parents in the mid 70's. Its still not the best part of town with most homes torn down or abandoned and not exactly the safest place to be. In any case, they gave in and we went down this am. We cautiously went down the torn up road and it took me about 15 minutes to get my bearings as there was some newer constructed warehousing, etc. but then I found a landmark. I remember there was an old house that kind of overlooked the dump and the foundation was still there so then it was just a matter of walking it off. I began scratching away the surface grass and started to find shards of machine made and BIMAL glass. I was really getting excited. I still wasnt sure if it was the exact area as the original dump stretched out over an 1/8 of a mile and was hit or miss as to where the bottles were. In any case, I scratched about and went about 8 to 10 inches down in some spots and came across that old burn, metal, and melted glass that I used to come across so long ago. I knew if I was going to find any old stuff, I needed to go about 4 or 5 feet down as thats where the BIMAL bottles used to be. Here's a few pics of my finds today. Mostly machine made but tommorrow I am taking the shovel!! Wish me Luck.

3C9DF95F6B094FA6AB62B95F5616657E.jpg

Attachments

• 3C9DF95F6B094FA6AB62B95F5616657E.jpg
    3C9DF95F6B094FA6AB62B95F5616657E.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 50

bottlechaser62

Reaction score
The bottle dig was a spur of the moment thing. I flew back to Arkanas to visit family and had always wondered about this dump site. The milkglass "Nadinola" is the bottom part of a 2 part cream container. I flipped it over so the embossing could be seen. These milkglass containers came in a few different sized, shapes, etc with top and bottom pieces. I have dug and sold several different types. Not worth much. They also came in a single jar type container (1920's or so I think) that said "Nadinola" diagonally across bottle.

idigjars

Reaction score
Cool Jerry, thanks for sharing pics with us. Good luck with the shovel today! Best regards. Paul

Plumbata

Reaction score
Awesome story of the revisiting of a childhood dump! Hopefully you get in there with a shovel ASAP and dig some nice blown pieces to keep what you've already found company.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR