Old Hippies

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bubbas dad

Reaction score
i was born i the middle of the hippie daze, so i guess i'm not a full fledge hippie but i sure had to suffer through bell bottoms, plaid shirts and leasure suits. nice cars everyone

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
I still have long hair, I still listen to Tull, I still prefer square toed Dingo boots, and my wife says I'm still stuck in the 70's. Imagine that!! Even after I traded my 67 Chevelle SS for her an SUV!! I even quit wearing my bell bottoms for her. (But their still in my closet!)[:D]

bearswede

Reaction score
I'm gonna get back ta y'all... Ya need to hear from a REAL hippie... But a storm blew up my emachine so I can only go on-line at work... Very limited access... Later...

Ron

trussin

Reaction score
Im not surprised one bit to find so many of my friends here. I really wanted to know what every one is doing to make a living too. Long hair is a state of mind. I still have mine. Not all of the brain cells though. Just enough. 47 years old Joe B.

madman

Reaction score
hey hippies im only 37 but i still wear my hair long cause im fling my freak flag!!! i was born in 1968 but i love the music and the movement nice topic mike

bigkitty53

Reaction score
I hear you Mike![:D]We're in the same boat.

Joe B.I'm self-employed,and MOST of my clients know why I grow my hair long. Every couple of years or so I cut off 12-14" for the Locks Of Love charity.This Florida based charity makes custom wigs for children who have lost their hair from chemotherapy.A very worthwhile organisation to bear in mind whenever some of us sasquatches get a trim![:D]

KAT

P.S. LOVE the cars,guys![8D]

madman

Reaction score
right on bro!!!! happy hunting mike

ezatlas

Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen, Old hippies, now that seems to ring a bell. Here in central new york...either you were or you weren't. If my memory serves me correctly, I know those brain cells are in here somewhere, I must have been. My first car was a 1964 chevelle convertible, followed by my 1967 camaro rally sport, straight six, not the powerplant like the ones in all my buddies muscle cars, but mine was still a real looker. Ten years ago when I remarried I traded my 1984 camaro z28 in on my (wifes) 1995 gmc limited edition safari mini van, sigh, sob. I now work doing furntiture refinishing and antique furniture restoration.
Bubbas dad, by the way , you were spared being a real hippie, as all the real hippies i ever knew would die long before donning a leisure suit. Denim bell bottoms, dorky perhaps, they were still made of real cotton denim. The polyester fabric of leisure suits was to a hippie, what silver is to a witch. Happy digging, hippie or not, as those days have long since passed, and digging is one of lifes ultimate natural highs.

capsoda

Reaction score
Came across this old thread and thought I'd throw in my 2cent . The phrase is upper middle aged Hippies. 95 is old. Some of my digging buddies do rib me a little because I make noises sometimes when I climb out of a hole and I do remember when television was black and white, radios had to warm up before they made any sound and if you wanted to hear something stereo you had to go to a movie theater. I also remember Gassers and ET bracket racing. Loved Early 60s Ford Falcons. Owned and raced several. Drove an blown alky funny car in the Winston Nats back when 260mph was fast. This is my latest project {pic ] 1931 Ford hotrod. I guess Old Hippies is OK. Boy, we were good and we were bad.

Vt58029.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85