Old Hippies

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

madman

Reaction score
hey all you long hair bottle diggers, fly your freak flags, fly them high !!!! yo cap the 31 ford is nice, my dad built hot rods all his life, is that a small block chevy?? also, i also love the old gassers and funny cars mike

madman

Reaction score
yo cap is it a 289 or 302?? mike

madman

Reaction score
hey cap very cool , i used to work on the roadracing circut, there were these panoz cars that ran 351s produced about 600 hp, the ground would shake as they flew by sweet mike

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
You guys are Killin ME!! I just got up off the floor from laughing so much!![:D]

Now, I wasn't a hippie... more of a Jock... The first car I really fell in love with was a 1954 Olds with flames coming out from behind the front wheel wells, the name on the rear quarter (In this case it was "Cherry Olds"), huge dice hanging from the rear view mirror... wide tires... posi-traction Hurst shifters... Muncie trans... four on the floor...
327CI...dual quad Holley four barrels... 4:11 gears.... Ahhh, I can smell the smoke in the parking lot of the Parsippany, NJ High School!!!

I didn't own this car, but as a 14 year old, I sure loved watching those guys peal out and race!!!

My first car was a 1965 Rambler!!! I liked it cause the seats went all the way down![:eek:]

Wayne

capsoda

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong now Wayne, I played a lot of football in Jr high and high school. My brothers and I also had a rock band, The Carosels. My coach said I looked like a flying circus running down the field[sm=lol.gif] and my idea of shoes were home made Jesus sandels.[8D] There was more to us old hippies than good looks,long hair, musical ability and flowers.[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif] My favorite car was the early 60s Ford Falcons. They were light, cheap and had a V8 option. I Loved fast cars, sweet girls and my favorite vehicle seat was the old ford pu.[8D] Boy those things were big.[8|] My mom still says I'm cute.[:)]

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Warren...

I have got to get down to AL to meet you!!! Your'e killin me... you have a great sense of humor or a perverted sense of reality... whatever it is, you sure are funny![sm=lol.gif]

I owned a couple of fords... I had a nice little 66 Ford Mustang convertable when I was stationed in Jacksonville, Fla... That one burned up in a fire when it was rear-ended and burst into flames! Then I owned a 1967 Ford Fairlane!!! I rebuilt that one... sold it before I went overseas... I drove that one back and forth to two Mardi Gras in New Orleans! I remember driving down the interstate without having replaced the chrome "hood pins" and the hood went flying up at a speed of 85mph... what a rush!!![&:]

I continued the trip down to New Orleans after tying the hood back down! Then walked around Bourbon Street with my short "Marine Corps" haircut and wine bag... ahhh to be young again[&o]

Wayne

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Wayne, The VA says I have no sense of reality. Everytime they piss me off they say I'm crazy, they don't know the difference.[:mad:] They are paying me so I guess I'm crazy,[;)] but my wife says I'm harmless. I had a few AC-130 Gunships shot out from under me and that will help you develop a good sense of humor or irony or stupidity or somethin.[sm=rolleyes.gif] We always here bouts an the doors always open If you ever get down this way.

capsoda

Reaction score
Progress update. I just got the power for my hot rod finished except for rebuilding the 4 barrel Holley. Thought I would show everyone before it goes in when I get the frame painted.

3C7530A09563436FA3177F57A621AD22.jpg

Attachments

• 3C7530A09563436FA3177F57A621AD22.jpg
    3C7530A09563436FA3177F57A621AD22.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 71

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member