old maps on internet

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

digginfool

Reaction score
Has anyone had any success downloading old maps off the internet? I know they're available in libraries and town halls. But I haven't been able to find old maps online that show property lines and houses and maybe a privvy.......

washingtonstatedigger

Reaction score
You know Ive spent 100`s of hours looking for maps and info on the internet.And I really havent found much at all for my area.The one thing I did find was one of the local colleges had a collection of early maps on their site but I believe they were all Washington State.It gets pretty frustrating.I do know if you`re willing to pay you can find tons of old maps on Ebay,which you probably already knew.Good Luck

kastoo

Reaction score
Join this Yahoo group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/privydiggerpit/

Ask for Karl...he gives free maps...all he asks is for freebie bottles...unembossed ones.

idigjars

Reaction score
Kastoo, thanks for the tip. I joined but it's "pending". I'll let you know if I get some map info. Paul [:)]

Mainepontil

Reaction score
Try checking online at the Library of Congress. They just released a bunch of old civil war maps online. You may find what you're looking for. They also hold all the Sanborns for the country, not yet available to the public though [:mad:]

Library of Congress

digginfool

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I thought it would be easy to find older maps online, but it's really not. I guess I'll have to do my homework the old fashioned way.

ronvae

Reaction score
Your username says from Western Massachusetts--you probably already know this, but if you go to:

http://www.mass.gov

one of the online services is "find maps". They seem to have zillions of special purpose maps with different info for your area.

Just a thought.

ENOCHO

Reaction score
Thanks for the library of Congress link ..i never thought of that, the old civil war maps show a old town Millsville in my county that i have never seen listed in any of the 1900'smaps! Will be checking that site out ASAP as of now i can't even find a road running close to it ,so i will get some owners OK and put the backpack on and go for it! again much thanks for the link..MILLSVILLE is listed in a RR map in 1839and a civil war map of 1861 but looked at one in 1889 and it was gone.THANKS AGAIN ENOCHO

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sneaky Pete