Old or new??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
I didn't want you to lose faith!![:D]

Wu60225.jpg

Attachments

• Wu60225.jpg
    Wu60225.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 73

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
I would hate to drag them all out for close up's!! lol Have a great Holiday everyone! Taz over and out.....[8|]

By76365.jpg

Attachments

• By76365.jpg
    By76365.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 67

David E

Reaction score
Hey Taz I am going to stick my neck out and get jumped on, but I think it is old, due to.
The bottom if the picture is showing it right shows the normal smouth wear and the the items that appear as scratches, look more of a cracking to me. Also I have always believed the an applied handle (which this seems to have)are the best. A slight showing of amthest(sp) would be that they didn't put enough maganize into the batch, must of us know these things, so why the Mexican. Only two things that would make me beleive it was Mexican and not old, is if there are a lot little bubbles and no long ones. I go along with the end of the day and from the bottom of pot and not proper anealing.
Looks like an unusual Crute or small milk or syrup. And the mess he made does deserve
a smack on the head.
So tell me where I went wrong or just maybe close to right. Thanks

Dave

Also just looked again at bottom and the wear mark is only about 1/4 around the item, which makes me beleive it was lop sided

bearswede

Reaction score
OK OK I take it back!!!!

Now I'm drooling...

Happy Holidays, yourself!!!

PS: Will you be in Attleboro for the Little Rhody show? I've got a table...

Ron

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Dave it has bubbles most are long , the upper base section has many surface cracks like it cooled too rapidly, the base wear is not white( bad lightning) and there is a mixture of coarse with fine wear visable under a 15X loupe, just not enough scratches to make me think that it is as ancient as it looks! I bet it was some beginners glass project...[;)] Taz

Zx70539.jpg

Attachments

• Zx70539.jpg
    Zx70539.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 76

TSUNK

Reaction score
BOTTLES LIKE THAT GIVE ME A RUSH ! I AM IN THE PROCESS OF DISPAYING MY COLLECTABLES BUT IT WON'T LOOK AS NICE. FROZEN IN UPSTATE N.Y. NOW IT IS TIME TIME TO CLEAN SUMMER DIGS. GREAT PHOTOS
TOM

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Thanx! I bought those cases last week brass,glass and mirrors they go from the floor to ceiling and the length of the room , that is just some of them... Heres a couple masters hope you all like old bottles haha[:)]

Zx71315.jpg

Attachments

• Zx71315.jpg
    Zx71315.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 67

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
One last one! My pet turttle! This one came from the floorboards of a old house in N.Y. Allings blue-Green with full labels!! Allings 1871 Jet Black School ink MINT!![8D]

Bz78683.jpg

Attachments

• Bz78683.jpg
    Bz78683.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 68

bearswede

Reaction score
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, Taz... But that label has a tear in it!! For shame!!!

Well, you've certainly put my teeny collection to shame... I guess I'll donate it to charity and start collecting snoglobes, ha ha...

Ron

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunshine123