Old Truck

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MIdigger

Reaction score
Well, while most might think searching the seats might be a joke, I once found a Buick 225 that was loaded. The owner mustve been a waitress or something. By the time Id cleaned it all out I had over $22.00 worth of change. unfortunately there wasnt any silver, but all that clad was a nice find. Not to mention jacking the 4bbl quadra-jet, the radiator, and a few other things I made $ off.

Fortune favors the guy willing to look!.

ironmountain

Reaction score
My daughter almost made me shed a tear when we were hauling that stuff out...we're hooking a truck up to the tractor to jank it out of the woods and daughter tells grandpa to wait a minute, goes inside the truck, comes out a few mins later..she was grubbing for change.....

I did the same thing when father in law wanted me to take pics to sell his 66 tbird. just some clad and some S&H Green Stamps..

MIdigger

Reaction score
I was out detecting last spring, I came upon an old Pontiac from the 50s. First thing I did was search the seats....nothing. But I did remove all the wiring and aluminum I could and stuffed it into my pack.

Just never know what youll stumble onto. As long as I dont open a trunk and find some dead homeless guy.

woody

Reaction score
I was deer hunting this past season and came upon someone who committed suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning. He backed his 4 wheeler up to a portable bobhouse and zippped up the flaps with him inside. Quick and painless, I presume.
He had been there for 5 days before we found him.
Kind of disturbing to see someone so desperate to take their own life.

Plumbata

Reaction score
A buddy and I stumbled on a Ford Probe in the woods which looked as if it had just been abandoned that week, with branches and brush covering it for camouflage. Well, I smashed the window, unlocked it, and we snooped around. My buddy didn't find anything good as it was pretty well cleaned out, but I ripped up some stuff under the driver's seat and found a 14K gold bracelet! Also found a silver bracelet, some change, and a DMX CD [:D]

I also took the "Ford Probe" decal, due to the humorous nature of the name of the car. [8D]

Think I sold the gold for 85 bucks when I needed some fast cash. Shoulda held onto it because even now gold is way higher than it was when I sold it. Ah well. [>:]

MIdigger

Reaction score
Cant say Ive ever found gold, but long ago a buddy needed some parts at a foreign auto parts junkyard. Found 2 boxes of .340 Weatherby ammo under the front seat of some foreign dink-mobile.

ironmountain

Reaction score
dang woody, that would be a slight shock to say the least. friend of mine was in the Air Force Pararescue. He said the weirdest thing he'd seen was two naked guys hugging each other frozen solid with a small tree between them. Said they'd gotten lost and disoriented, hypothermia (shed their clothing because they felt so hot) and were sitting up frozen solid like that. That would be a bit haunting.

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Plumbata

A buddy and I stumbled on a Ford Probe in the woods which looked as if it had just been abandoned that week, with branches and brush covering it for camouflage. Well, I smashed the window, unlocked it, and we snooped around. My buddy didn't find anything good as it was pretty well cleaned out, but I ripped up some stuff under the driver's seat and found a 14K gold bracelet! Also found a silver bracelet, some change, and a DMX CD [:D]

I also took the "Ford Probe" decal, due to the humorous nature of the name of the car. [8D]

Think I sold the gold for 85 bucks when I needed some fast cash. Shoulda held onto it because even now gold is way higher than it was when I sold it. Ah well. [>:]

Nothing says free like stealing..............better than stealing alone, you get destroy someones property to boot.

Stealing and destroying other peoples stuff, that's the life not for me.

"just been abandonded that week"........"smashed the window and unlocked it"

That last sentence pretty much says it all.

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: OsiaBoyce

Nothing says free like stealing..............better than stealing alone, you get destroy someones property to boot.

Stealing and destroying other peoples stuff, that's the life not for me.

"just been abandonded that week"........"smashed the window and unlocked it"

That last sentence pretty much says it all.
Pat and I don't see eye to eye on much but I'm behind him 100% on this

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I'm gonna compound the dumbfoundedness here and make that 3 of us who are kinda thinkin wtf on that Plum..

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583