Old Truck

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Me too....
m7.gif

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Tritto.. double tritto, that's 2 trittoes in a row.. [8|]

Plumbata

Reaction score
Jesus people, give me some credit, and also try to take Pat's poison tongue with a grain of salt. I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid enough to resort to thievery, and then post about such exploits on a public forum.

It was a junky beat up old ford probe which we found laying essentially on its side, in a steep ditch which ran perpendicular to a rather large creek. Nearby was a highway bridge; they must have driven it down to the extent of some old access road, and then down the slope to this area. They then covered it with cut branches and saplings to protect it from view.

We had hiked this area a number of times before, as it was somewhat near his house. From prior observation it was understood that the old tires, 2 and a half cars in different stages of decay, and random junk scattered about the area suggested that the area was a dump; a place where people dispose of the unwanted, not store their valued automobiles...

This was 5 or 6 years ago, and the place was subsequently cleaned up when they had to do bridge repairs. Nowadays I might report a car like that, because now most crap cars go to the "$$$ FOR JUNK CARS" people, and thus there might be a possibility that it was stolen, but this didn't look like a stolen car...

The precious metals were found essentially underneath the upholstery along the driver's seat mountings to the shell/body where stuff tends to collect and then disappear from view, at least in my experience. In addition to the bracelets I found some unspeakable filth and an assortment of rather disgusting pennies, and slightly less disgusting larger change.

So yeah, relax people, call-off the inquisition, and don't be hatin' on those who probe around and find gold and silver in abandoned Ford Probes... [:D]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
[sm=_vti_cnf.log]

F2D5ED54A80F47F7BE25469E451A0AA8.jpg

Attachments

• F2D5ED54A80F47F7BE25469E451A0AA8.jpg
    F2D5ED54A80F47F7BE25469E451A0AA8.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 65

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Plumbata

It was a junky beat up old ford probe which we found laying essentially on its side, in a steep ditch which ran perpendicular to a rather large creek. Nearby was a highway bridge; they must have driven it down to the extent of some old access road, and then down the slope to this area. They then covered it with cut branches and saplings to protect it from view.

We had hiked this area a number of times before, as it was somewhat near his house.  From prior observation it was understood that the old tires, 2 and a half cars in different stages of decay, and random junk scattered about the area suggested that the area was a dump; a place where people dispose of the unwanted, not store their valued automobiles...
Alot of details that would have been helpful in the original post

MIdigger

Reaction score
Just the facts Ma`am, just the facts---Joe Friday Dragnet.

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Didja find any rusty chainsaws nearby? [&:]

I can't say I'da done it Plum, but if the car was abandoned, I don't see any reason not to go in... Then again, breaking in may have been a little overboard.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Yeah maybe you (inadvertently) desecrated an occupier's home.. one should always think twice before breaking glass..

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583