Old Truck

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MIdigger

Reaction score
That might even have been Home invasion!. After the factual reviews the accused is to be released forthwith from the yardarm.

And under the stated circumstances Id have trashed the area looking for priceless trinkets myself.

Plumbata

Reaction score
I'd like to think that I am a decent judge of situations. I've come across vehicles parked like the truck which began this thread, and I leave them be, because even though they are likely junk from years in the elements they are still mentally categorized as possessions by the owner.

This vehicle was cleaned out, stripped of the license plates, and the VIN may have been effaced too, not sure though. I wouldn't have had to break glass if the car was laying flat, as the passenger window pressed into the ditch was broken but inaccessible. If someone were living in it, there was absolutely no evidence, and they conducted a piss-poor parking job if their goal was to maintain the integrity of the space in the cab. Besides, it was covered with a bunch of brush.

And yes, I found 3 rusty chainsaws, clearly the property of a nearby hobo camp, which I stole and sold for a million dollars. Tell Pat to sue me. [:D]

MIdigger, thanks for actually understanding the scenario and being on my side. I too am an open-eyed opportunist and hike around with a backpack or duffel bag and tools and collect the scrap, cool rocks, and old stuff I come across. It won't make ya rich but as someone with ADHD who is always pacing around anyway I might as well channel the energy into something productive.

MIdigger

Reaction score
Well Ill be the first to admit if I think I can make an honest buck on something Ill do it. The story just didnt have everything straight. You cleared that up, no big deal. When opportunity knocks you move on it.

Like I said the way you found it and described I wouldnt have hesitated to do the same. It sounds like you stumbled into a dump. Heck, if the car was abandoned as stated Id have stripped off any copper/brass aluminum but thats just me. No different than if I saw a bunch of old bottles in there, unless an item was able to be returned to its rightful owner if I wanted it Id take it. Its been dumped and obviously left as trash.

Without a vin or any other way to identify it one has to conclude A) that the owner just wanted to dispose of it anyway they could. Or B) It was stolen and left----but was there any evidence of that?....................Ah, I say dont worry about it. Let your conscience be your guide.

MIdigger

Reaction score
One last thing Plumb---

Heck Iam Bipolar and wear a tinfoil hat!! And I can fly in my Superman jammies. If we were there at the same time it wouldve been a race into that car, make no doubt about that. Opportunity favors the first guy there!.

Headhunter2

Reaction score
Ya'll need to leave Plumbata alone. He is going to get p----- off and quit posting all his cool pictures and cool words. Plumbata, count me on your side, it's your call at that time and place in the woods.

Bottles r LEET

Reaction score
Here's another truck. Thankfully, this one will eventually be fixed up. It's a 1954 Dodge.

ADB48FCB25DB4C2CBEBAC023E70C2F47.gif

Attachments

• ADB48FCB25DB4C2CBEBAC023E70C2F47.gif
    ADB48FCB25DB4C2CBEBAC023E70C2F47.gif
    266.1 KB · Views: 74

ironmountain

Reaction score
Nice truck. Looks like one we'd use for hauling scrap/deer/dragging felled logs and such at the farm.
I love cars and trucks just sitting in the woods/fields..you never know what you'll find.(although, having as many at the farm as we had was a bit overboard and needed some cleaning up) My grandfather had 2 '37 fords sitting up in the woods. There was a tree that had grown through where the floorboard should have been right up through the roof.
I get up to inlaws', I'll have to see if the car behind the cut in half house is still there. Looks like an old t-bucket roadster or something similar. Heck, I was behind the house at the farm with my daughter wandering through the pines and she yells that she found a car. I head over and she'd found the hood to an old Pontiac Chieftan. Still had the hood ornament, no rust and was ready to go. I hauled it out and put it on CL for father in law...

Nice "vehicles in the bush" pics leet! keem em coming!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles