ON VOTING

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glass man

Reaction score
ON THE AFGANISTAN PROBLEM SO FAR WE GOT LOBEY WANTING TO NUKE ,AND MORB WANTING TO NUKE THE VICTOR OF A CHRISTIAN ZEALOTS VRS MUSLIM ZEALOTS KILL OFF,BUT HE WAS KIDDING ,BUT IT IS A THOUGHT,HE SAID.I THINK THIS IS ONE OF THE HUGE PROBLEMS WE FACE,AND WE GOT PLENTY OF THEM,BUT HISTORY SHOWS WE ARE IN A SHOWDOWN OF OUR LIVES BIGGER THAN VIETNAM POSSIBLY! OR IS IT? WELL WE WILL SEE! AN EXPERT SAID WE COULD BUY OFF CERTAIN FACTIONS FOR A WHILE ANY WAY,BUT WITH WHAT? WE ARE HAVING A HARD TIME PRINTING MONEY FAST ENOUGH AS IT IS. IS PAYING PEOPLE OFF THE WAY TO GO?WELL I GUESS IF IT WILL KEEP US FROM GETTING KILLED I GUESS SO. JAMIE

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: lobeycat

ORIGINAL: cordilleran

You sound like a team player and a fellow I'd be proud to associate with. Keep up the good work.
why thank you Cord, right back at'cha.
NOW THIS IS WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF![:)]

morbious_fod

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: L C

Well, I do not have a college education , and I guess some of the things I think about or comment on may not be as well thought out as others on the forum . I am not well educated in the art of speaking like Cord , I am just old school .

I am not talking about coming up with some sleasey way to get people to let a person dig a privy on their place , I am talking about being on the up and up . I am talking about a group of people whose intentions are for the good of preservation of historical glass in their community , creating a group of people to make this possible is not being a bunch of Jokers or Jerkoffs . I am talking about possibly having a display of some kind in a public place showing some of the bottles that are retreived in their own area to educate as well as give the people in their community a look at a bit of history of how things were in an earlier time in their community .

My name can be found within the walls of the Museum of Natural History in Cincinnati in the field of Paleontology
as a contributor to exhibits in the fossil room , plus I have contributed to my community in more ways than one in my own area over the years . It in no way makes me anyone special for doing so , but I do know what it is to work hard for what I have , as little as it may be , as well as work for the benefit of my community now and then , without expecting anything in return for doing so , as well as communicate with people , although it may not be on a professional scale of any kind .

I was raised to help people out when I see they need it , whether or not I can really afford to do so at that particular time , and more than anything else , I was taught by my Folks to be honest with people and to always be on the up and up . And I do not try and hoo doo anyone to get to a place I want to be within my community .

I'm sorry, I was just putting forth a suggestion for gaining trustworthyness from the public, not calling you on the carpet as being a hoo dooing person. I was also just pointing out that the good people like yourself and I who actually care about the history of our area, are painted with the broad brush of the public's past experience with the bad diggers who were doing it for personal gain and or profit. My main point was that we are going to have to work very hard to try to gain the trust of the people in the community, and prove to them that we aren't hoo doing them. It's gonna take a lot of work.

The only reason that I quoted you was to make my lame little Federation/Star Trek joke.

LC

Reaction score
ORIGINAL : morbious_fod : I'm sorry, I was just putting forth a suggestion for gaining trustworthyness from the public, not calling you on the carpet as being a hoo dooing person.
ORIGINAL: morbious_fod

Well morb , after reading your latest post , apparently I have misinterpreted your comments of earlier . My apologies for doing so , L C[/align]

glass man

Reaction score
WELL TOMOROW MY WIFE AND I WILL PROUDLY GO VOTE FOR THE SENATE RUNOFF IN GEORIA BETWEEN THE REPUBLICAN SAXBY CHAMLISS AND DEMOCRATE JIM MARTIN. THIS IS AN IMPORTANT RACE BECAUSE THE OUTCOME WILL DETERMINE HOW CLOSE THE DEMOCRATES WILL HAVE THE 60 NEEDED VOTES TO DO BASICALLY WHAT THEY WANT. AND OVERIDE THE PRESIDENTS VETO., THAT WILL GIVE THEM AN AMAZING AMOUNT OF POWER. I HAVE TO ADMIT I AM SOMEWHAT BIASED AGAINST SAXBY,CAUSE OF THE ADS HE SHOWN THE FIRST TIME HE RAN. THE ADS SHOWED 3 LIMBED AMPUTEE MAX CLEALAND SIDE BY SIDE WITH OSAMA BIN LAUDEN. [JIM MARTIN IS A VIETNAM VET] MAX SERVED IN VIETNAM AND HAD HIS LIMBS BLOWN OFF BY A HAND GRANADE,HE ALSO GOT MY DAD'S BENIFITS STARTED AGAIN ,WHEN THE VA CLAIMED POP WAS DEAD AND HE EVEN WENT TO THE LOCAL VA OFFICE WITH NO HELP AND THE GUY WAS RIGHT ACROSS FROM DAD SAYING HE COULD NOT DO ANYTHING.MAX CLEARED IT UP OVERNIGHT AFTER MY POP CALLED MAX'S OFFICE. SAX HAD SARAH PALIN IN TO FIRE UP THAT BASE AND THE CROWD WENT WILD! JIM HAD LUDICRIOUS IN.T.V. DIDN'T SAY WHAT IMPACT THAT HAD. WOW! TO KNOW I CAN HAVE A PART IN THIS PUMPS ME UP! CAN'T WAIT TO VOTE! RIGHT ON!

morbious_fod

Reaction score
LC Sometimes it's hard to express the emotion behind words on a forum, which of course leads to misunderstanding. Most of the time we just come off sounding like a jackball. LOL! In short, it happens, I'm just glad you don't think that I am jumping on you.

glass man

Reaction score
YEP VOTEN TOMORROW! GONNA BE JOY IN OLE MUDVILLE AFTER ALL! AT LEAST I CAN HOPE.THE STATE OVER ALL VOTED FOR McCAIN. BUT WELL WE WE WILL FIND OUT TOMORROW IF DEMOCRATES HAVE ONE MORE SENATOR OR NOT.MAN IF THE DEMOCRATES GET 60 IN THE SENATE ,CAN YOU IMAGINE WHAT THEY CAN DO? MAN,MAKES ME SHIVER! NOT AS BIG AS THE PRES. ELECTION ,BUT PRETTY IMPORTANT! RIGHT!!

glass man

Reaction score
THAT IS COOL CORDO,YOU SAID I WAS A PAL O YOURS TOO,GREAT TO HAVE FRIENDSHIP! CAN'T WAIT TO VOTE TOMORROW,NOT A BIGGER PRIVILEDGE IN AMERICA!BE CAREFUL ON THEM TRAINS,ALMOST GOT RAN OVER ONE NIGHT AS THE TRAIN DIDN'T BLOW IT'S WHISTLE WHEN IT CAME INTO TOWN! MAN,IT WAS FLYING TOO, AS IT CAME AROUND THE CURVE! LOVE THEM TRACKS THOUGH,JUST SOMEN BOUT THEM! SOME SAY THE WHISTLE IS A LONESOME SOUND,BUT IT SOUNDS COMFORTING TO ME,CAUSE AS A KID MY BROTHER AND I WOULD LISTEN TO THEM IN THE TRAIN YARD AND AS THEY CAME INTO THE TRAIN YARD,NOT FAR AT ALL FROM WHERE WE LAID IN BED GOING TO SLEEP WHILE LISTENING TO PATSEY CLINE OR THE BEATLES RUBBER SOUL ALBUM PLAYING . YEP THE TRAIN WHISTLE REMINDS ME OF HOME,WHERE MR. WOLF SAYS I CAN'T GO AGAIN. HE WAS RIGHT,BUT AT LEAST WHEN I HEAR THAT WHISTLE I AM BACK THERE FOR A MOMENT! JAMIE

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cordilleran

Glassman, your a pal o'mine. I've tramped the jungles from Seattle to Ogden, Utah and every westport hobo hangout in-between ridin' the cars as an alternative to hitching which I've done time or another half way around the globe. Funny thing. I don't fit in with the high-rolling mucky-mucks and I catch flak with the Average Joe. The only folks I have a one-to-one with are those who have been on the skid road. Not so judgmental as folks who have had a gilt edge life (few hardships). Glassman, there are no guarantees for anyone but one thing I know: some people get the lion's share of hardship and part of that hardship is living with the experience that only we can know personally. Always on the outside looking in. Not one to complain I will say I'd be skiddish about commenting about why a person's relationship failed without knowing the particulars. I can't suffer cowards and I consider such behavior cowardly. I am one to stand up for what I believe is right and not hide behind a modem in making personal attacks. I've got bigger fish to fry rather than playing footsie in a forum. Open invitation. I'm online and available for personal connect anytime.
YOU ARE A PAL O MINE TOO!!

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1