ON VOTING

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dollarbill

Reaction score
TRAINS Oh yes remember the first one I jumped well was about 5 me and my best friend Dan a police officer who was killed in the line of duty.He was 6 at the time hopped a slow mover and road about 6 or seven street blocks and hoped off but and elderly black gent who called us master Dan an master Bill saw us and told our mothers . He and myself were switched the entire way home when they caught us . Never did that again till I was older 7 and in a different household for awhile .We once painted his house as high as we could reach battle ship gray to .I miss that guy .
bill

morbious_fod

Reaction score
Granted I never lived by the tracks; however, my aunt/babysitter did live across the road from the old depot in Honaker, VA, and my cousins and I would walk the tracks all the time busting all the bottles we saw. The best thing was that just about a 1/4 mile up the rail road was a tunnel. We never went in it but always speculated about skeletons and animals living in it.

Through some research about the town that I have done lately I found out that this now quiet little area outside of the downtown area was once the actual hub of activity in the town including quite a few buildings, most of which were gone save two when I knew the place. One of these buildings actually sat on the lot where my aunt had her trailer set up. I always wondered what that old brick wall was in the back of the lot.

glass man

Reaction score
IN this don't think ahead town,the old depot was torn down in the 1970s. it was in great shape,still had the long benches out front,and was beautiful. well in the 1990s it was decided to BUILD IT BACK! AT a cost of more than$100,000.GEEZ WHAT IDIOTS!WISH I HAD HUNG AROUNT THE OLD DEPOT WHILE IT WAS BEING TORN DOWN CAUSE A LOT OF OLD TOWN POST CARDS WERE FOUND THERE.THE OLDEST BUILDING WAS ALSO TORN DOWN HERE IN THE 70S. IT WAS PART OF A FEMALE COLLEGE THAT WENT PRE-CIVIL WAR,AROUND 1850.ALSO STERLING HOLLOWAY'S HOUSE WAS TORN DOWN.[OLD ACTOR AND VOICE OF WINNIE THE POOH,NOW WE HAVE A PLAQUE ON THE SITE WHERE THE HOUSE STOOD!PROGRESS! IN 1964 A KID IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD HAD KIDS CONVINCED THAT HE SAW THE BEATLES WAVING AT PEOPLE FROM THE BACK OF A TRAIN GOING THROUGH THE TOWN!I DIDN'T BUY IT ,BUT A LOT OF KIDS DID. I JUST COULDN'T PICTURE THE FAB FOUR COMING THROUGH THIS ONE HORSE TOWN,BUT I GUESS STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED,I JUST DON'T BELIEVE THAT WAS ONE OF THEM THOUGH! JAMIE

gonediggininwa

Reaction score
Hey Cord I am from washington and have dug in walla walla myself what are some of the things you have dug like what kind of drug store,whiskey and sodas from washington have you dug and can you post pictures so i could see the stuff you have dug out of all those pits digging 70 pits you must have come up with a lot of great things cant wait to see pictures thanks a new member

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
Train - as seen from my back porch

C14795746034400B8EC33837FD45E789.jpg

Attachments

• C14795746034400B8EC33837FD45E789.jpg
    C14795746034400B8EC33837FD45E789.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 80

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
That parking lot is where the train station used to be. It is now where the train wackers park. There is a little flower garden and "mock" open air train station next to it. So you can watch the trains in the rain and remain dry... although many of them remain in their cars. And sometimes they have big cameras. This one guy had a camera with at least a foot long lens. Sometimes they have "tailgate" train watching get togethers. Not insulting anyone - is anyone here a train wacker - or know any? What exactly are they doing besides watching trains? What are you all looking for? Anybody know? I heard they count cars and log the numbers and take pictures of all the engines and collect them for the year... then start over the next year.... but I don't know why. Anyone?

RedGinger

Reaction score
It's funny that you brought that up, Kate. A few nights ago, I was driving home and had to stop at a train crossing. It was snowing and looking at the front of the train, I thought, "This would make a great picture. I wsh I had my camera with me." I told my husband about it and he said people go around doing just that. I had no idea. He said they call it "trainspotting". I thought it was just a movie name.

glass man

Reaction score
WOW,I LOVE TRAINS AS MUCH AS ANY ONE COULD,BUT NEVER THIUGHT OF TRAIN STALKING! DO PEOPLE WHO GO AROUND TAKING PICTURES OF THEM KNOW SOMETHING I DON'T! ARE TRAINS FIXING TO BECOME EXTINCT! OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers