one of todays

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jme_jett

Reaction score
I almost peed my pants when i dug this one up! its flat on one side and round on the other! it has no stamp or numbers! you can prove how smart and helpful i know you all are by showering me with ideas on this one! you are the best!

Wt59405.jpg

Attachments

• Wt59405.jpg
    Wt59405.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 59

madman

Reaction score
im thinking the kitchen salt or seasoning, looks like it had a mate or was to be put next to the wall, who knows it could be a feminine bottle also mike bubbles??

diggermeister

Reaction score
Hey JME, It looks like some ant poison bottles I have seen, only a bit fancier. I believe they were filled with a gel like substance [:'(]. You would unscrew the cap and lay the bottle on it's flat side. The ants would be attracted to the sweet taste and return to the nest with some, thereby killing the whole colony [:(]. This is only an educated guess owing to the shape of your bottle

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hi jme

Looking at your original picture of the bottle with the flat side it appears to be 4-5 in tall.
I am thinking it may be a water bottle for hampsters. Next time I visit a friend in Portland,Me I will look closer at my friends hampster cage, I know he has a very similar bottle that has a screw cap with a metal tube that angles out for water and sits flat against the cage. Most antrol bottles I have dug are usually only a couple inches long.

Here is a picture of another odd shaped BIM bottle I dug a couple years ago. This one I was told was part of a set of two ink bottlles.It is about 1" by 2" tall. It says SANFORDS 31 on the bottom and SECOND on both sides at the shoulder. I guess probably the other bottle might have said FIRST on the shoulder. Very strange. Seam stops halfway up the neck. Anyone got any ideas on this one ???

Cliff

Zw69527.jpg

Attachments

• Zw69527.jpg
    Zw69527.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 51

jme_jett

Reaction score
very interesting! thats why i love this hobby. you never know what treasures are going to come up next! ive never come across one like yours. if i ever dig up the mate ill let you have it!

madman

Reaction score
hey jj your finding alot of cool stuff !! yes the antrol is an ant trap lay it on the flat side and the ants climbed right on in, it had a metal cap with a hole in it nice find!! yo ye old heres a picture of first and second, they were held together with a label i think ink eraser??? mike

Wu60233.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1