Only in your dreams

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Oldihtractor

Reaction score
you gotta be kidding me..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Wistarburgh-Fragments-Dug-18th-cent-2nd-st-Phily-privy-Pontil-/230732501136?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b8ba9090

earlyglass

Reaction score
I love glasshouse shards, and I think they can be so important to collectors and accurately attributing objects. Too much of this imformation is slipping through the cracks. I have really learned so much from my collection of glasshouse fragments!

If these were authentic artifacts excavated from Washington's Mount Vernon... yes.

However, these weren't even excavated at Wistarburgh. Although they are VERY likely from the factory, there is no way to know for certain. For the sake of having nice looking 18th century chestnut necks and lips that are pictured in Murschell's book, I would give $25.

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
I love glasshouse shards, and I think they can be so important to collectors

agreed

If people are going to sell stuff like that I would prefer to see very good documentation with them including things like photos of the dig, research on the history of the site, and a list of what was found with them.

Oldihtractor

Reaction score
btw the price is for the fame of being dug by the one and only Tom- Aka Ratzilla.. from out fourm.. thats worth the price of addmission alone..

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583