Stoddard? Ha!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

goodman1966

Reaction score
Let me guess.... You said not Stoddard when he asked you ! Glad he didn't ask me, I would have said modern and Mexican ! Mitch

P.S. I'm no expert, but really.......

nhpharm

Reaction score
Yep...I said modern and probably Mexican...He got it at a flea market in Texas...

saratogadriver

Reaction score
nhpharm said:
Yep...I said modern and probably Mexican...He got it at a flea market in Texas...
He should have left it there. It's not worth whatever he paid for it. Modern, Mexican, and very awkward. Not a pretty piece... Jim G

RED Matthews

Reaction score
So what is new!! I marvel at the efforts of glass companies (mostly foreign) that put their efforts into making repro items that should be recognisablle to the buyer, It is a form of fraud. I bought a neat figural green glass - bunch of grapes, with a stopper, at the Central New York Windmill Village, for $6.oo Saturday. It is a beauty, about 14" tall, and I cant find the mold seams. Because of the size of the berries, it would have to have been a 4=part mold to release open without marking the glass with the sweep of the forms. i think it is a bargan, even though I don't know how the hell they made it. RED Matthews

nhpharm

Reaction score
Yeah...for sure! Sometimes I think that it is a waste of my time to even respond to these people but I always hope that they will walk away a little more educated...it is disappointing when they just ignore what you tell them!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
"it is like reddish amber"Clearly not Stoddard. Everyone knows reddish amber is all made at Westford CT. [:D]

nhpharm

Reaction score
Stoddard, New Hampshire had a couple of glassworks and their stuff is highly collectible...which means that everything (including Mexican crap like this) that is amber and bubbly is magically Stoddard glass. Of course if you live in Connecticut, the same stuff that is Stoddard in New Hampshire is Westford or Willington.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I don't get how prices go up so much. I understand the law of supply and demand, but that much for such a small, plain vase even if it were one?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen