opinions needed

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LC

Reaction score
I know for there there are lowlifes out there that have been doing etchings on different bottles for some time now Pat . I love the Pepsi memorabilia and have been on the hunt for it for years , and I have never once saw an etched Pepsi Seltzer bottle . Again , I hope I am wrong in my assumption . I am not questioning the bottle its self being an original seltzer , its the etching that I am questioning as for being authentic .

LC

Reaction score
You may be right Tony as for the jug being painted . But I have always heard them called pyro labels here in my area over the years .

ratbastard

Reaction score
maybe i did get burned and the lettering is faked. in the links osia provided i see both of the sellers are out of MO. and the tops of the bottles look the same style. guess i keep an eye on those sellers and see what else they offer. i did notice that the one i bought the first link provided during the auction the id of all the bidders were kept private. not saying if that has anything to do with anything. well if i got burned too late now and i'll just keep the bottle anyway

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
The jug is real. The seltzers... they look fake. If they are not listed in the older Pepsi books... beware. Years ago a group of MO guys were faking KY Derby and soda glasses (Dr Pepper, Pepsi, Grapette, 7UP) mostly ACL but some etched. That has been many years back and they were busted back then and they could very well be back in business. Was there a man named Miller involved?

ratbastard

Reaction score
My payment went to a H J McClusky. I contacted Pepsi and asked if the company ever used seltzer bottles. waiting to hear back from them

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: L C

You may be right Tony as for the jug being painted . But I have always heard them called pyro labels here in my area over the years .
Pyro-glaze is more often used by milk collectors but at the same time acronyms like TRPQ is tall round painted (sometimes pyro) quart, go figure. I think the terms pyro, painted, ACL are interchangeable. I guess it depends on who you ask. There may have been a slight difference in how it's done.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Hey Rat, I bought a seltzer on the bay once because I never owned one. It was sold as green glass but when I got it it was clear glass with some kind of plastic coating. I was bummed! [:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:]

epackage

Reaction score
I'd never buy a seltzer of any of the major soda brands, I see these and Cokes sell all the time that are newly etched, it's too easy to etch them at home.....

epackage

Reaction score
This warning is directly from a guy on Ebay....

http://reviews.ebay.com/Fake-seltzer-bottles-Coca-Cola-Pepsi-Dr-Pepper-Nehi?ugid=10000000003767570

6B07702A99B24EC785C836A2AE3CC069.jpg

Attachments

• 6B07702A99B24EC785C836A2AE3CC069.jpg
    6B07702A99B24EC785C836A2AE3CC069.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 51

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member