opinions needed

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

justanolddigger

Reaction score
I wish you luck, but I have had fantastic results filing buyer protection claims, even when the seller states he accepts no returns. Ebay will usually force a return at the very least, or even give an outright refund. Keep us posted, hope it all works well for you....Bill

ratbastard

Reaction score
I contacted Robert Stoddard who is a Pepsi Historian. He told me that Pepsi was never in the seltzer business but local pepsi bottlers did have there names etched , embossed , printed on seltzer bottles. I asked him how to tell if the seltzer bottle by a local bottler is the real thing. I'll post what he tells me.

Plumbata

Reaction score
The different appearance of the etching between images is likely because the seller took their pictures outside in the sun, probably when the angle was ideal for making the etching stand-out.

Ultimately, the seller was pretty careful about not calling the seltzer original or antique, but they did say "Very neat and nice Pepsi advertising bottle!" which it absolutely is not, so you've got them hooked as far as I'm concerned. The claim should work out for you quite well.

ratbastard

Reaction score
just got an email from paypal soon as i return the fake bottle and provide a tracking i get a full refund.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Good luck Rat,this forum did you well in researching your bottle. [sm=thumbup1.gif]I am glad things worked out for you but sorry you lost the euphoria of a new bottle to your collection and that hurts I know. There will be many other opportunities to add a new bottle to your collection,things happen for reasons we cant seem to understand in the middle of the storm.

ratbastard

Reaction score
im glad for the help i got from the others on this fourm. what helped me in getting a refund for my fake bottle was the links posted in this thread about the fake bottles. i put the links into my complaint with paypal. funny the next day the seller of the fake bottle sent me an email stating he didn't appreciate what i had done , i also sent him the links. as far as not having another bottle for my collection this past saturday i stopped at a local antique shop and the owner had 6 original seltzer bottles from her late husbands collection i was able to buy all six. if i would have been five minutes later i would have missed them. things worked out for the best.

zecritr

Reaction score
I don't Collect Seltzer's or anything like that and sorry you got hit but glad you found 6 more,
anyways great info on this thread for everyone to have when needed (unfortunately will be needed)

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey