opinions needed

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
From hutchbook.com, Ron Fowler is a man who knows his shit!!

http://www.hutchbook.com/Collecting%20Caveat%20Emptor/Default.htm

37DC65CA567E4893AEA1ADE2A12B2FA5.jpg

Attachments

• 37DC65CA567E4893AEA1ADE2A12B2FA5.jpg
    37DC65CA567E4893AEA1ADE2A12B2FA5.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 58

ratbastard

Reaction score
guess i got burned. wonder if it would do any good to contact paypal and see if i can recoup my money

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: ratbastard

guess i got burned. wonder if it would do any good to contact paypal and see if i can recoup my money
I would, it can't hurt...

ratbastard

Reaction score
i just filed a claim on paypal. thanks everyone for your help. i hate dishonest sellers

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: ratbastard

i just filed a claim on paypal. thanks everyone for your help. i hate dishonest sellers
Seller may not have known just like you, I hate dishonest sellers too...

Plumbata

Reaction score
Ouch, sorry about this unpleasantness.

For people with the inclination, it is quite easy to use hydrofluoric acid or rubber stencils and sandblasters to churn out interesting but fake etched seltzers. Similar things are done to stoneware items. Really is unfortunate. Hope you recoup the money.

ratbastard

Reaction score
got a email from the seller stating his bottle looks nothing like the ones in the links provided here which i sent to him by email. he's also pissed off that i sent him an email with the links and has blocked me from sending him anymore emails. also he's not too happy because i opened a claim against him with paypal to get my money back.

justanolddigger

Reaction score
You can still contact him through his real email address, it is in the receipt you received from paypal for payment. You have a strong argument for winning your case against him, if he thinks it is authenticate, he should have no problem taking it back. You say you filed a claim with paypal, did you file a case there or with ebay for buyer protection?

ratbastard

Reaction score
just with paypal. i will do the buyer protection if i can. i have his real email. seller stated because the bottle i have doesn't say " property of" on it that it's not the same as those in the links provided in this thread. soon as i got the bottle i questioned him about the lettering right away and was told the lettering changes in different forms of light

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey