Orange crush bottle ~ bogard n.a. Ind. ~ root 27

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I'm usually pretty good at finding things but I can't find anything whatsoever regarding this Orange Crush bottle that a friend found in the California desert and gave to me. Its a 6 Ounce clear krinkly with the patent date of July 20, 1920 embossed on the front. On the heel it is embossed with ROOT 27 for 1927. But what's weird is the location its from, which is embossed on the base with ...

BOGARD N.A. IND.

I checked and there is a town named Bogard, Indiana with a current population of about 1,400 and in 1930 the population was about 1,100. Another weird thing is that the so called town or township doesn't appear to even have a store or other businesses and appears to be mostly farms and vast acres of farmland. As for the N.A. on the base, I'm not sure what that stands for and the only thing I could think of is that it might stand for North America. But if it does, I have never-ever seen that on a soda bottle, nor can I find a viable explanation for it.

If anyone is familiar with this bottle or knows anything about Bogard, Indiana, please let me know because I am totally stumped.

Thanks in advance for any and all input.

(I applied some whiteout to the base to make it legible)

100_4742.jpg

100_4743.jpg

Orange Crush Patent 1920 (2).jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26