Orange swimsuit bubble girl 7up

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Jbeas31

Here's your "Joyce Products" bottle with surfaceone's "Joyce Products" bottle. The link Surf posted doesn't give a date nor say what glass company produced the bottle, but they appear to be similar. On Surf's bottle you can't see all of the swimsuit, but the little part you can just barely see doesn't appear to be colored, although it might be. By the way, Surf was a great researcher and Forum member who unfortunately passed away a few years ago. We all miss him.

Yours

7up Bottle Orange Swimsuit Girl.jpg

Surf's

7up Joyce Products Typical Swimsuit Date and Glass Maker Unknown (3).jpg

7up Joyce Products Typical Swimsuit Date and Glass Maker Unknown.jpg

Last edited:

Jbeas31

Reaction score
Jbeas31

Here's your "Joyce Products" bottle with surfaceone's "Joyce Products" bottle. The link Surf posted doesn't give a date nor say what glass company produced the bottle, but they appear to be similar. On Surf's bottle you can't see all of the swimsuit, but the little part you can just barely see appears to be a typical swimsuit and not colored. By the way, Surf was a great researcher and Forum member who unfortunately passed away a few years ago. We all miss him.

Yours

View attachment 170104

Surf's

View attachment 170105

View attachment 170106

I see it now that it is the typical label. That appears very similar to the embossing style of my bottle though.

That is very sad to hear about Surf.

SODAPOPBOB I really appreciate all your input on this thread.
I am a young newbie to bottle collecting specifically 7up's. I hope to continue collecting for many more years.
Not sure if you checked out my other thread "Early large u7p bottle". I posted my collection, so far, on it.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
What would help is to find as many of the same or similar bottles as possible, especially if they can be properly dated, and then do some comparing. However, even with that said I suspect your bottle is the only known example that has the colored swimsuit and finding another one might be next to impossible.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
So far there are three common denominators with the colored (orange & white) swimsuit labels, which are ...

1. Joyce Products
2. Columbus, Ohio
3. Reed Glass Company

In my opinion this is more than just a coincidence!

Jbeas31

Reaction score
So far there are three common denominators with the colored (orange & white) swimsuit labels, which are ...

1. Joyce Products
2. Columbus, Ohio
3. Reed Glass Company

Completely agree!

Also noticed this: "The Joyce Products Co Columbus, Ohio. The bottom is marked with an R in a triangle: 6 /R 8."

Would that place the white swimsuit bottle from 1938?

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score

1. Joyce Products
2. Columbus, Ohio
3. Reed Glass Company

Here's another example except this one has the typical see-through swimsuit. It is described as 1940s, and even though that might be correct, I believe the seller was just guessing. There is no picture of the base for confirmation, but its definitely typical no matter when it was produced. Also notice it has 8 bubbles.

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-40s-bubble-up-girl-7oz-7up-bottle

7up Joyce Products Columbus Ohio Reed Glass Date Unknown.jpg

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Also noticed this: The Joyce Products Co Columbus, Ohio. The bottom is marked with an R in a triangle: 6 /R 8."

Would that place the white swimsuit bottle from 1938?

Probably but I'm not 100% certain

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem