Oriental "Show-You" sauce bottle with original label.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Around from 1924 to 1963, Oriental was one of the first Shoyu, or Soy-Sauce, makers in America. Read more on this old thread. It's both paper-label and embossed. According to a second-hand source on the MSU archaeology page, this bottle came in 3 sizes (mine is a 9-oz.) I believe mine to be 1940s. They seem to be very rarely seen (1 I saw online) with the original label. Bottle's common usually, though. One sold lacking the back label completely, of which I believe might have held a coupon-- hence why most of mine is also missing. I couldn't resist the light risk at $3.
Oriental%2BShow-You%2B001.JPG
I actually had to do 'label-surgery' to keep it together. Handling it was a danger-- so imagine how it fared both many hands (likely) in the store and a 12-mile ride back home via bike. Real color of the glass seen here. Overall, it's in very rough shape; but if the bottle goes for 4+ dollars... The label should raise that. It also has just a little original product saved in its interior, preserved by a cork broken in the mouth.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Cool, Never seen the label before, I dug a few of those in a 19teens-20's dump before. LEON.

goodman1966

Reaction score
Nice Robert ! Columbia city is a small town. That should be a plus. Looks like it had a screw cap ? Maybe you can find one to fit it. On the right side of the label does it say "for chop-sue" ? Mitch

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I don't have a Worthpoint account, so I do not know how much the other labeled one went for. e-Bay sold an unlabeled one for $4 recently. Left:
Oriental%2BShow-You%2B009.JPG
Right indeed does, amigo:
Oriental%2BShow-You%2B010.JPG
It's "For Meat & Fish" and "For Chop Suey" as well, Goodman.

hemihampton

Reaction score
No Screw cap on mine. Mine had to be from the 20's. Maybe Spirit Bear has a early 60's screw cap? LEON.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I have a lot of caps, Hemi. I haven't tested any but could dig out a bunch of screw-caps from the '40s+. Most are labeled, though. I have one from an old whiskey-- metal cap-- I might try. Nothing on it. Even then, I know where I could dig a bunch from the '40s-'50s. But I just filled in that pit last week. Hah hah! Still not the original cap, though.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I'm talking about your bottle, not actual caps.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I am confused. We're talking about finding a screw-cap for the bottle, yes? I'd need one from the 1940s for it.

hemihampton

Reaction score
NO, We are talking about my Oriental bottle being a older 1920's blob or cork top (NOT screw cap) And your newer Oriental bottle being a newer Screw cap version of my bottle. LEON. P.S. at least thats what i was talking about.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skippy4747